addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Furlife Message Board › Hallo

Hallo

Ermine N.
user 56314682
Renton, WA
Post #: 1
New member hello just ahead of my first event with the group in Kenmore.

My dad outed me as a furry in my coming out letter to him. I mentioned I went to a gay summer camp, and the dance theme was “Return to Neverland.” I said that if I had more time, I would have dressed as one of the lost boys dressed as an animal. He told me that I was a furry. I had no idea there was such a thing, so I went to Google and found this group almost four years ago. I’ve seen my dad prepare fantasy costumes for conventions, so I know only too well how much effort it takes to put such productions together. Sci-fi conventions never seemed worth it to me, but the idea of anthropomorphizing animals… well, now you’re on to something. My dad is Saji, by the way. Maybe you know him.

I spent the next three years knowing about Fur Life, but not knowing how to get started with it. I spent most of my time with a hike group and a board game group instead.

Then this past May, my sister invited me to Walt Disney World. This was my first visit to a Disney park in 30 years, so I had to plan ahead and think about my favorite character. I was determined to get a picture of me with Eeyore. He’s the patron saint of all depressed people. While there, I finally broke down and bought a plush animal: Thumper. I had been holding off buying stuffed animals for years because adults just don’t do those kinds of things. The dam burst in Disney World, with more animals later as I earned more money. Since Thumper I’ve specialized in the second tier characters of Winnie the Pooh. I discovered that hugging stuffed animals during emotional parts of movies is very therapeutic, something I wasn’t expecting. The logical next step is to become the stuffed animal.

When I told others that I was collecting stuffed animals, they said that the stuffed animals will start collecting dust. Sure enough, starting this week, Thumper, Rabbit and all the others have turned into dust bunnies (and dust-kangaroo and -donkey). Earlier I heard that to fight this I should put them in a dryer with a damp towel, so I searched the Internet for advice. I didn’t see this, but I did see advice for vacuuming them with a brush attachment. I tried this. Eeyore now smells like vinegar, while the rest of them still smell like dust. On the plus side, they are making me just the right amount of congested so that I don’t need nasal strips to keep me from waking myself up snoring at night.

This past month I accidentally let secrets slip between members of the hike group, causing a big blowup on their message board, making me rethink staying with them. I was getting tired of driving hikers halfway across the state every week for very little pay, so I was waiting for something to tip the balance to encourage me to leave. If I quit them, it would free up more time to join another group. So here I am.

I grew up subject to fairly cruel treatment from others. I was teased relentlessly by other children at school, but animals never judged me. I always preferred dressing up as animals for Halloween, but otherwise it’s hard to put into words exactly why I’m joining this group. I guess we’ll find out together.
A former member
Post #: 3
Hi, Arthur! Welcome to the group!

I'm a newbie around here, as well. But everyone's been very nice, so far! I'm sure you'll find your fit here with no problems. :)

-Nick "Klem"
Mortuest
Fur-curious
Seattle, WA
Post #: 3
Welcome to the zoo! I'm sure you'll have lots of fun. There are events ALL the time on this group, so keep your eyes peeled. Actually, there's a bowling event this Saturday if you're interested :)