Starting at 6:30pm, we'll have free food. Our main meeting will start at 7pm, and will feature a short talk on Android Wearables, followed by Code Lab. Google has indicated a limited number of vouchers for physical devices may be available. More details when we get them.
Sorry this is an non standard week for us, but we were waiting on a slide deck from Google...
UPDATE: The slide deck is now in and we are looking forward to going over all the info with you on Thursday.
In the meantime, we have some pre-event prep for you! The more you do, the more you'll get out of the event! You'll definitely want to do these soon if you want to participate in the Code Lab. Here you go:
• You really want to do this ASAP, takes up to 24 hours to get approved: Sign up for the developer preview: http://developer.android.com/wear/preview/signup.html
NOTE: It takes up 24 hours to get approved. After registration, you should get a confirmation email that includes a link to the Android Wear Developer Preview support library and a link to opt-in to the Android Wear Preview app beta distribution in Google Play store.
• Get the whole Android Wear Developer Preview set up, see more steps below.
• Use the #AndroidWear to post to social media during the event - see what happens...
• Post your Android Wear app ideas and screenshots to the public G+ community: http://g.co/androidweardev
• Join the +Android Wear Developers community: http://g.co/androidweardev
• Check out the YouTube videos for Android Wear DevByte playlist (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWz5rJ2EKKc-kIrPiq098QH9dOle-fLef)
• Bring an Android phone or tablet to the event for testing your app.
• Set up Android Studio: Download Android Studio from: http://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/studio.html
Android Wear Developer Preview Setup
• Follow steps outlined in the “Get Started with the Developer Preview (http://developer.android.com/wear/preview/start.html)” page
• Install the Android Wear System Image
• Set up the Android Wear Emulator
• Set up the Android Wear Preview App
• Add the Support Library to Your Project
• Try Android Wear code samples available in the Android Wear Developer Preview