addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Memphis German Club Message Board › International Exchange Students

International Exchange Students

A former member
Post #: 1
I am a Local Coordinator for the non-profit Council on International Educational Exchange, and we are looking for host families for international high school students. There are great kids who want to experience the US for 5 or 10 months. The students come from many countries, including Germany, Austria, Brazil, Thailand, China, Spain and more.

HOST AN INTERNATIONAL EXCHANGE STUDENT!!

Open your heart and your home to an International High School student for one semester or a full school year. This has proven to be the best tool of diplomacy and bridge building between nations.

After celebrating 64 years in international education as a non-profit organization, the Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE) remains highly committed to our mission: "To help people gain understanding, acquire knowledge and develop skills for living in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world."
Each student in our program is individually interviewed to ensure that they have the appropriate maturity level to be a successful participant in our program.
CIEE strongly believes that by volunteering their time to community service, our students will become more involved in the American way of life. Therefore, we require that they participate in a "Community Service Project" (8 hours per semester) to ensure that they reciprocate the exchange and benefits to their host family, school, and their community.
Students are between 15-18 years old, have their own medical insurance, and spending money. There is no better time than NOW to learn more about our neighbors in the world!!
Students will arrive in August 2013 for 5 or 10 months.

Why Host?
• Introduce the heart of America
• Unite our future leaders
• Strengthen mutual understanding
• Gain new insights and appreciation
for different cultures
• Affect attitudes over lifetimes

Please help us make a difference in the world!
Be sure to visit our website for more information and to access the Host Family application at http://www.ciee.org/h...­
For more information and to participate in this rewarding intercultural experience please contact Beth at 901-755-6019.

A former member
Post #: 34
CIEE is seeking host families for August 2013 for these students.

XPL13016-Girl. Carina is a 16 year old girl from Germany. "She is a friendly, happy, positive and charmingly girl." She loves to play handball. She also likes to play the piano and dance. Here she would like to try out different sports, and join a drama and/or music club. She has one older sister. She is excited to have her dream of living in America finally come true. GPA: 3.8. SLEP: 54. Program Length: 10 Months. Arrival Date: August 2013.

XPL13027-Boy. Niels is a 16 year old boy from Germany. "All of my friends know me as a friendly, reliable, open-minded guy that respects all religions and cultures." He likes sports, especially basketball and American football. He also likes to go to hockey games and watch movies. Here he would like to join the basketball and American football team. He has one older sister. He is looking forward to getting to know the American way of life. He has a cat. GPA: 3.2. SLEP: 58. Program Length: 10 Months. Arrival Date: August 2013.

STS13026 Boy. Carl is a 17 year old boy from Sweden. "I don't like to be bad at something with the knowledge that I could've done it better." Carl enjoys playing soccer, swimming, golf, traveling, and watching sports. He looks forward to playing soccer and other sports while in the US. Carl has a younger sister. GPA: 3.6, SLEP: 66, Allergies: None, Program Length: 10 months, Arrival: 10 months

Karina is a 15 year old girl from Germany. "I am friendly and open. I love to have fun, I have a sense of humor. I am punctual and reliable." Her favorite hobby is unicycling, and she also likes swimming, dancing, playing guitar, reading, and spending time with friends. Karina would be interested in starting a unicycling club at her American school or participating in ballroom dancing, guitar, or cheerleading. Karina has an older sister and an older brother. She is excited to experience real American family life and a different school system. GPA: 3.0. SLEP: 55. Program Length: 10 months. Arrival Date: August 2013.

There are many other students, we are happy to match you with the perfect student for your family!