GOALS of the hike:
- Santa Agnès chapel, hidden into a deep forest.
- The summit of the mountain, called La Mola (1.104 m), where there's a little restaurant where we will be able to have lunch. We will also be rewarded by a picture-postcard view of Collserola, Montserrat, Montseny, the Pyrenees and the sea.
- to know how to distinguish the different trees and shrubs which populate the woods of the Park.
Note: Payment by Paypal required to RSVP
- make new friends
- cultural: botany, history and geography
- experiencing wilderness directly
The hike is divided in three parts:
1st. Starting point --> La Mola.
2nd. La Mola: lunch in La Mola’s restaurant.
3rd. La Mola --> Starting point: Descent to the base of the mountain following a different path than the one used to go up.
The hike will start in Matadepera, at a height of 576 metres. We will then enter the Natural Park, about 20 minutes later, at a height of 640 metres.
Before arriving at Santa Agnès, we will cross deep forests and walk on stone slopes (from where we will see vast panoramic views). We will visit the Ruins of Santa Agnès chapel.
The terrain is rugged but we'll always walk on quiet trails.
Castellassa de Can Torres (829 m)
La Mola is one of those places you can only reach on foot, requering effort and commitment to visit. There, we'll visit a Romanesque monastery. Next to it, there is a restaurant, where we will have lunch.
La Mola (1.107 m)
Time to do lunch at La Mola, where we will enjoy some beautiful views.
We will stay up there for an hour and a half, more or less.
We will need one hour and ten minuts to descent to the starting point of the hike, and we will follow the path which the ancient monks had been walking for centuries to reach La Mola.
• We will all meet at 8.00 am at the RENFE Railway Station of Terrassa.(Don’t get it mix up with “Terrassa Est”).
• Next to the railway station, there is a bus stop. We will take a bus at 8:15, which will take us to the starting point of the hike.
• The ticket you have used for the train is still valid for the bus. Therefore, you do not have to pay again.
• Those of you who live in Barcelona can take the train from the following railway stations: Sants, Pl. Catalunya, Arc de Triomf, la Sagrera-Meridiana, Sant Andreu Arenal.
The price includes:
• Professional Mountain Guide (Reg. no[masked] with the REGISTRE OFICIAL DE PROFESSIONALS DE L’ESPORT DE CATALUNYA), with 25 years of experience.
• Accident insurance.
The price does not include:
• Anything not mentioned in the previous paragraph.
• The lunch at La Mola. In order to have an idea of the normal price of lunch here I should mention that last week-end I paid 20 Euros for:
- A typical Catalan dish: “butifarra amb mongetes”. Big enough.
- Red wine
- A dessert plate
You should use PayPal to book and pay for your place.
You will receive a confirmation email with a receipt for your payment from PayPal. If you complete the PayPal transaction but don’t receive the confirmation email from us, please check your spam folder. If the email still hasn’t arrived, please get in touch.
What should I bring on the hike?
- Suitable clothes to hike
- Trekking boots (preferably water-proof)
- 1 litre of water (at least)
- Food for one meal (one or two sandwiches, dried fruits, etc. ).
- Mobile telephone
- Gloves and cap
- Toilet paper
- Trekking poles (advisable)
Montserrat, from La Mola