Hey Winnipeg Gophers! Our next Golang meetup is almost here.
* 6:00pm: Doors open, meet and greet, food.
* 6:10pm: Greeting.
* 6:15pm: "Resiliency Patterns" by Steven Powell.
* 6:30pm: "Journey from PHP and REST to GO and gRPC: developer view" by Yuriy Tuz.
* 7:00pm: Short break.
* 7:05pm: "Interfaces in Go" by Evgeny Khabarov.
* 8:00pm: Wrap up
* Speaker #1: Steven Powell is a Staff Engineer at Priceline Partner Network.
“Resiliency Patterns” is a talk which covers how to make systems gracefully handle and recover from failures. Circuit breakers, bulkhead isolation, and timeouts are some examples that will be covered, including their implementation in Go.
* Speaker #2: Yuriy Tuz (https://twitter.com/yuriytuz) is a Golang developer at Bold Commerce.
* Speaker #3: Evgeny Khabarov (https://twitter.com/eekhabarov) is an experienced Golang developer who passionate about all kind performance: code and team performance. He is mostly working with gRPC/REST APIs and microservice architecture. Vim and Tmux user. He lives in terminal.
"Interfaces in Go" is a talk which covers interface basics and provides a number of useful examples of interface usage.
If you're not familiar with interfaces good starting point is here https://tour.golang.org/methods/1
*Information for future speakers*
If you want to give a talk, share your knowledge or just tell people how did you start using Golang in your company, feel free to contact us on meetup.com, on Twitter: https://twitter.com/GolangWpg or on Slack: https://gophers.slack.com (invite: https://invite.slack.golangbridge.org/) #Winnipeg.