IMPORTANT NOTE: Change of venue to Shillman Hall, Room 220. (Still on Northeastern U campus)
Come hear a number of short (5- to 7-minute presentations) by media professionals, researchers and others on topics of interest to journalists, technologists and anyone interested in media.
This will include cool data visualizations, innovative storytelling platforms, and other groundbreaking work from some of the most creative media people in the area.
* Google Play Newsstand: Prospects, dabblers, and whales--How can the media industry rethink monetizing its content? Insights from the gaming world
* MIT Media Lab: Deepstream.TV--Annotating Livestreams and Video
* Trigger events: Visualizing the impact of mass shootings on Twitter and news
* Visualizing Stop-and-Frisk in Boston
* Public Health Opioid Analysis with Interactive Data Viz
* Visualizing Internet censorship in China
* Why we should as more questions
* Learning Stereotypes from Large Media-related Datasets
* Visualizing transparency and corruption levels across the states
Sponsored by the Northeastern University Journalism Department, ONA, and Google Play Newsstand.