Course fee: $9000
Language: Cantonese with English terminology
Registration:[masked] or [masked]
This course has been submitted to the VTC - Reindustrialization and Technology Training Programme (RTTP) for funding support. Once approved, eligible participants may receive a maximum grant of HK$6,000 (subject to VTC final audit letter).
This course is designed for anyone who is interested in the Blockchain technology, and how the Blockchain applications can be adopted to various industry.
• Introduce the fundamentals of Blockchain technology
• Examine Blockchain general and business use cases
• Explore Blockchain applications across various industries
• • • COURSE OUTLINE • • •
Introduction to Blockchain
• An introduction to Blockchain basics from high level first principles.
Blockchain Fundamentals 1
• An introduction to the fundamentals of Blockchain technology through the evolution and revolutions of society, technology, and money.
Blockchain Fundamentals 2
• Introduction to public, private, and consortium Blockchain, and smart contracts.
• Introduce the attributes and challenges of building economic models for Blockchain or crypto economics.
• Explore intersection of Blockchain and the traditional economy.
• Examine industry use cases.
Blockchain in Business
• Explore the various applications of Blockchain across various industry. Analyze projects from a SWOT perspective.
• • • ABOUT • • •
About Hong Kong Productivity Council:
The Hong Kong Productivity Council (Chinese: 香港生產力促進局), or HKPC (Chinese: 生產力局) is a multi-disciplinary organisation which is tasked with promoting and assisting the Hong Kong business sector through the introduction of more efficient and updated business and technological methods. The HKPC and its subsidiaries provide a consultancy and technological development services in manufacturing technology, information technology, environmental technology and management systems to more than 3,000 companies annually.
About Hong Kong Blockchain Society:
The Hong Kong Blockchain Society (Chinese: 香港區塊鏈學會), or HKBCS (Chinese: 港鏈會) promotes sustainable and mature of the blockchain ecosystem through education and training, and academic/industry/government collaborations. HKBCS encourages and supports projects that are legal and compliant in Hong Kong and the surrounding region.
About the Instructor:
Peter Woo has founded 4 startups, which have won numerous global Blockchain competitions and the inaugural Social Innovation Award. Peter is currently the Strategist of eMALI.IO, and specializes in InsurTech, LegalTech and Self-Sovereign Identity Management. He is an executive with over 25 years' experience in Information Technology, Internet, and Telecommunications sectors. He has worked for several multinational firms, including AT&T Asia-China as a Director and DoubleClick Asia-Pacific as Managing Director.
About the Teaching Assistant:
Gabriel Chan is a sought-after Blockchain technical consultant who works with local and international teams on enterprise Blockchain and DLT applications for a variety of industries. He has written numerous papers and contributed to books about Blockchain design patterns, particularly in crypto economics, governance, and self-sovereign identity. He has frequently been interviewed by television and print media from Hong Kong and the Mainland of China regarding legal and regulatory compliance with respect to Blockchain.