addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Houston PHP Users Group Message Board › Is anyone else annoyed by the increasing amount of recruiter spam?

Is anyone else annoyed by the increasing amount of recruiter spam?

Drew J
user 6780031
Katy, TX
Post #: 1
I'm curious if I'm just being a jerk or if anyone else feels the same way. I'm annoyed with the recruiters joining the group and using the mailing list as their job board. Especially the ones sending the same "opportunity" over and over because they don't have any takers.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind a genuine opportunity, and I LOVE it when one of our members has an opportunity they want to share... and I have even reached out to the mailing list before looking for someone to work with in the past. And Christian D's recent e-mail is the type I'm talking about... a member for a while here, a local company reaching out directly.

But there's a difference between someone in our community reaching out... and a recruiter based in Austin who 2 minutes after joining the group is blasting e-mails to everyone.

I like the occasional conversations that come up with our mailing list, and I don't want to leave... but I don't appreciate "outsiders" who aren't really part of the Houston PHP group, and have no intention of becoming involved, spamming the mailing list. There are other outlets for what they're doing.

I'm a freelancer and always have been (so far!)... so maybe I'm just not in touch with how the industry works "out there". Please feel free to put me in my place! :)