addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

HTML5 Boston Message Board › Lesson 1: HTML5 Brunch Season 2

Lesson 1: HTML5 Brunch Season 2

Jeff G.
user 45401712
Richmond Hill, GA
Post #: 1
I'm done with Chapter 1 as well, although after reading through the comments, I may go back and re-read a few sections. I thought the chapter was a good introduction to the concepts behind HTML5, and was a good warm-up for me. I've got a software dev background, but haven't coded seriously in years, and I don't have a lot of HTML or web design experience, so starting with the basics is perfect for me. I've also started to read ahead into Chapter 2, and I'm looking forward to starting to laying down some code.

Also, thanks to everyone for the feedback on hosting options - I've got an existing host that I will likely use, but there were also some interesting options that folks put out that I might take a look at as well.

Finally, I like the idea of blogging comments as well...may have to dust off my old Wordpress blog.

Looking forward to the class and working with everyone!
Jeff
Maureen C.
MaureenCiaccio
Marlborough, MA
Post #: 3
Hi all,
Stephen and I are meeting tomorrow (Wednesday, Nov 14) at 7 pm at Panera on Route 20 in Marlborough. If anyone is out this way would like to join in, feel free to show up.
Maureen
Merlin C.
user 9013770
Boston, MA
Post #: 54
Hello all,

Looks like we have Jennifer, Maureen, David, Samantha, Gene, Omar, Mary-Anne, Jeff, and now myself all done with chapter one. Keep it up, and keep leading the pack! No work to be completed for Lesson 1.

I completed Lesson 1 earlier this morning. I think chapter 1 gives a good overview, and introductory to HTML5. I like how the book distinguishes that there is a HTML5 Syntax, and HTML5 Family. I really like the example used for the CSS3 transistions, and when I have some more time want to look at the other examples, to see more of the capabilities with HTML5. On to chapter 2.

Cap'n Brunch
Bob H.
BobHickey
Dedham, MA
Post #: 19
I actually started this book back in Sept. so I would have some basic skills to go thru the PHP Percolate Season 4. I an going back and reviewing though. Done with chapter 1 review. Moving on.
A former member
Post #: 1
Fell behind a bit with a couple of heavy-hour work weeks and being away for Thanksgiving break, but digging in now. Lesson 1 complete, about halfway through Lesson 2.

Here's the link to my bare-bones site, hope to get this dressed up with some more CSS soon: http://www.andrewrgos...­
Tom P.
tompsubs
Merrimac, MA
Post #: 312
Chapter one complete. No exercises for this chapter. Late start but I should catch up quickly.
A former member
Post #: 20
Done with Lesson 1. Fall behind a bit and will catch up.