addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Humanists of Colorado Message Board › Corporate Sponsors of a Colorado Event Against Women

Corporate Sponsors of a Colorado Event Against Women

Tim B.
Denver, CO
Post #: 127
Corporate Sponsors of a Colorado Event Against Women

Thanks to @juliewashere88 | Blacklist: Walk On Women Sponsors |

May 21

Posted by Julie Was Here

The list of corporate sponsors supporting this event that denies human rights for women.

"The “Walk For Life” is anything but. This demonstration/fundraiser is an anti-choice attack on women’s rights, health, and our very lives."
- Julie

21 May 2012 Post - The Hiking Humanist

Please share and pass along.

A former member
Post #: 7
Most of them didn't surprise me, but then I noticed Starbucks. What is Starbucks doing on there?!?! Do they normally support these kinds of things?
Denver, CO
Post #: 71
I wonder if it's a specific local Starbucks franchise or a corporate donation. I'm guessing the former. I don't think Starbucks is willing to make a formal proclamation about the issue. They do donate to PlannedParenthood.

I imagine that corporate would step in if they were aware of this. Just a hunch.
Aurora, CO
Post #: 6
I hope they were duped into the sponsorship and I wrote them on their contact page to give them a chance to correct it if that is the case. You can use this link to contact them: http://www.starbucks....­

Here is what I wrote to them:
Are you aware that Starbucks is listed as a sponsor of the Walk for Life (http://www.walkforlif...­) in Denver this coming weekend? Despite the positive sounding name, this event is an underhanded attempt to restrict the rights of women by misleading women about abortion. They claim to be fair minded but their real motive behind their services is to prevent abortions and they do so in a dishonest way. My understanding has always been that Starbucks respects the rights of women and would not support an event such as this - I hope I am right. If this corporate sponsorship has been acquired dishonestly, please do what you can to correct it. If your company does stand with those who would deny women the right to choose, I would hope you would stand by such a decision and make it plain so that people could know who to support with their purchases. Hope you do the right thing!

Let them know!

Denver, CO
Post #: 72
I also wrote them and asked for more information. Here is their reply:

Greetings Gretchen!

Thank you for contacting Starbucks.

Unfortunately we can not release the exact reasoning why their is corporate sponsorship of this event.

Thanks again for writing us. If you ever have any questions or concerns in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Anthony A
customer service