An introduction to Git source code management system, good for all levels of expertise.
Included will be:
* An overview of what git is
* Why use git?
* git vs. github
* A peek into how git works
* A hands-on demo of using git on the command line
* A hands-on walkthrough of the general steps to contribute to an open source project (and fi xthis typo)
If you would like to participate in the hands-on portions you'll need to do the following:
* install git (https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Getting-Started-Installing-Git) on your laptop (we'll use terminal on mac and git-bash on windows to interact with git)
* create a github account (https://github.com/join)
* bring your laptop to the meeting
We'll also be doing the following lightning talks before the meeting:
* Automating Emails with Mailchimp - Sean Dague
* Overview of Open Hardware Summit - Joe Apuzzo
* Sign up for one!
Propose a Lightning Talk
300 Rockefeller Hall
3rd Floor Auditorium
124 Raymond Ave
Poughkeepsie, NY 12604