• 6:30pm : Twelve Ways to Make Code Suck Less by Venkat Subramaniam
• 8 pm: Break
• 8:15 pm: Open Space
Venue Landmark: Gachibowli >> ISB ROAD >> Road Besides Kapil Towers >> Jairaj Orange Towers | Opp. Jayabheri Orange County
"Twelve Ways to Make Code Suck Less"
We all have seen our share of bad code and some really good code as well. What are some of the common anti-patterns that seem to be recurring over and over in code that sucks? By learning about these code smells and avoiding them, we can greatly help make our code better.
Come to this talk to learn about some common code smell and to share your experiences as well.
About the speaker:
Dr. Venkat Subramaniam is an award-winning author, founder of Agile Developer, Inc., creator of agilelearner.com (http://agilelearner.com/), and an instructional professor at the University of Houston.He has trained and mentored thousands of software developers in the US, Canada, Europe, and Asia, and is a regularly-invited speaker at several international conferences. Venkat helps his clients effectively apply and succeed with sustainable agile practices on their software projects.
Venkat is a (co)author of multiple technical books, including the 2007 Jolt Productivity award-winning book Practices of an Agile Developer. You can find a list of his books at agiledeveloper.com (http://agiledeveloper.com/). You can reach him by email at [masked] or on twitter at @venkat_s.
• Your RSVP is important to us. It helps us in know how many are going to attend the meetup. We request you to be serious in Clicking or changing of your RSVP. If you have RSVP and changed you mind not to attend change your status in this event as soon as possible. Late RSVP changes or not attending will be considered as No-Show.
• When you coming for the meetup carry some identity card with you. The venue security may ask for identification.
• Check your name in the meetup profile to represent your full name. Short/Nickname may cause any delay in entering the venue.
• If you carry a laptop, inform the venue security and enter the serial number in the register.
• We are ok for +- 15 minutes delay. More than that, it will be a disturbance to the audience and the speaker.
• Registration will be closed 1 day before the event at 1pm. Hurry and register soon, Avoid any backdoor registration.
• To make the entry process faster from Security, try to avoid bringing laptops. This session is not any hands-on event.