- Idealists Quarterly: Tech, Policy, Sustainability drinks & talks
Google Digitaal Atelier / Atelier Digital
Idealists Quarterly (formerly the Tech, Policy, Sustainability network) is a diverse community, each of us trying to improve their little corner of the world - and we're having a meet up!
📅 22 June, 6pm onwards
📍 BeCentral, Brussels
⚡️ Inspiring lightning talks
🥂 Drinks and chats
The theme of this edition is SYSTEM CHANGE. The world is made up of systems. Some serve us, others work against us - sometimes inadvertently, sometimes intentionally. Our speakers will dive into the systems that define their life and work:
🌱 Nature as a system
🌎 Regional divisions as a system
💰 Money as a system
🕶 Lifestyle as a system
We all want to improve things in our work, in our communities and in our lives. The idea behind IQ is that we can help each other do that better.
Join us for an inspiring evening, connect with passionate people and talk about things that really matter.
Run of event
- 6pm: doors open + mingling.
- 7pm - 7.30pm: Lightning talks by some impressive people
- 7.30pm - 9pm: drinks + mingling.
- Edel Shanahan: An expert on a wide variety of topics in the environment world - from protected areas and marine ecosystems to deforestation-free supply chains and EU policy - Edel currently works as Technical Advisor at Sea Alarm.
- Janique-ka John: Software engineer and founder of Women in Tech Caribbean - a network of 200+ members, promoting opportunities, job offers and scholarships. Janique-ka is an experienced software engineer, entrepreneur and an inaugural member of Twitter Developer Insiders.
- Dominique Roch: Digital communication, marketing and transformation specialist - with a keen interest in sustainability.
- Gabriela Chang Valdovinos: Chief Sustainability Officer and co-founder of EthicHub, founder of Women & Blockchain Spain and former organic coffee producer - giving a voice to millions of smallholder farmers, who are excluded from traditional financial, certification and carbon credit systems.
This event is for people who
- (Want to) work in policy, tech or sustainability.
- Are passionate about improving the communities around them, open to collaboration.
- All genders are welcome. Our goal is to support underrepresented groups including women of colour, members of the LGBTQI+ community, people with disabilities etc.
- We particularly welcome people from diverse cultural, religious and socioeconomic backgrounds, and we aim to accommodate any special needs. Write to us with any questions.
- Daan De L.
- 43 attendees