I have been hiking in Korea regularly since March 2009. Over the 3 years, I have met a lot of good friends and experienced many things about human relationships. Thanks to many hiking leaders and friends, I cultivated my body and mind. All while making nice friends and enjoying breathtaking scenery. But I have always felt a thirst for something else while hiking with other groups. It was for - ‘CULTURE’, ‘ART’ and ‘PHILOSOPHY’.
Purpose and mission of this group:
1. Travel in Korea and Hiking in Korea, which includes historical anecdotes and discussion. We are going to discover more about the history of the places that we travel and hike to.
2. Outdoor activity in Korea which includes art. We will make more of a connection to music, literature and painting. Eg. concert on the mountain.
3. Celebrate the cultural diversity of food. During some of our activities, we will invite people who can cook, for example, Western, Korean, Chinese, or Indian food . Eg. making a vegetarian dish during camping or a pension stay.
4. Experiment with and develop mixing travel, culture and new technologies. We will try, for example, temple stay, visiting Tao temples, Muslim temples, or even overseas trips. We will also establish website blogging and a travel experience exchange for members . Idea: International travel blog website to be commercialized.
5. More care for beginners, new-comers and the socially disadvantaged. We will be more patient with those who want to begin hiking as hobby. That is, we don’t concentrate on hardcore activities, but instead, more moderate and joyful ones. The most important thing is to give more comfort to the socially disadvantaged. We welcome everyone regardless of their nationality, religion, skin color, special diet, English speaking ability, etc.
“I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” - Penn, William