addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Indy Gaming Message Board LFG - Any kind of game, any side of town › 3.5 D&D Game, Players Wanted!

3.5 D&D Game, Players Wanted!

A former member
Post #: 182
Greetings everyone. My name is Chris and I have been out of playing D&D for a couple years now. I am wanting to get back into it and run a campaign that I started to run a long time ago. What I am wondering is, how many people are interested in a D&D 3.5 game? I am wanting to get an idea on the number of people first (hate to do a lot of work and 1 person wants to play) and then we can hash out other plans.

So, who is interested in a 3.5 game? I am thinking of talking to the friendly people at Arsenal and using one of their rooms, though it depends on the number of people, I can always do it at my apartment also, we shall see.

The main thing is, who is interested. Then we will discuss the group dynamics, levels, books available, type of game, etc. after that. Perhaps meet up and get to know a little about each other.

As I mentioned, it wont be starting soon, I am thinking in May or June (due to classes). Also, just to let you all know, I work out of state (I work in Alaska) and I am gone for 3 weeks at a time, and then home for 3 weeks. So what would happen would be a couple week break between some of the sessions (have 3 sessions, away for 3 weeks, then repeat). This would give a chance to do some downtime stuff, perhaps some discussions through a meetup discussion board, fleshing out things, that sort of stuff.

So, any particular questions that you all want to ask? I shall try and update this post to the number of people interested. Remember, it isn't going to start till May or June, that gives us all time to flesh out characters, backgrounds, and me to get stories and stuff figured out.

Chris
A former member
Post #: 4
Hey Chris, I'm Brian Leatherwood, and would be interested. I've played 3rd Edition, and am familiar with Pathfinder, so 3.5 shouldn't be too much of an adjustment. Let me know if you have enough folks interested & if / when we need to meet up. Brian
A former member
Post #: 183
Thanks for the response, Brian. I shall keep you in mind. I am sure people are still hung over from New Years and haven't had a chance to read this.

I thought of doing Pathfinder, but all of my books are 3.5, not 3.75 (and I have a *lot* of books for 3.5).

Chris
A former member
Post #: 184
Well, I have been rearranging my Meetupgroup that I had in Florida. If you are interested in the 3.5 game that I will be running, please jump over there and check things out and get your name "in the hat" as it were.

http://www.meetup.com...­

Looking for people. I have my roommate that will be playing, and it appears that Brian is interested in this forum, so that is 2. Usually I like around 5 people, but I can go more than that. I would like to meet sometime in Feb to discuss starting levels, what everyone is interested in playing, starting gold, that sort of thing.

Chris
A former member
Post #: 1
Hey Chris.

I just recently joined this group, but I am definitely interested in getting back into playing again. I played mostly 3.5 (some 3), but it has been about five years since I last played. Should be like riding a bike, though. ;)

Keep me posted.
A former member
Post #: 185
Good to hear from you Derek. That makes two interested, for a total of 3 players. I would like one more to have a good group of 4, anyone else out there interested?

Once we get the 4, we can see about setting up a meeting to discuss things.

Chris

P.S. Though, if we all want to get up sometime this weekend to discuss some stuff, I wouldn't be against it.
A former member
Post #: 2
Right on. I'll send you a message with my email address so you can keep me posted.
A former member
Post #: 187
Hey Brian, can you meetup sometime this weekend, like Saturday for us 4 to talk about the game, since we have the majority?

Chris

P.S. I shall send this through your profile also, just in case.
A former member
Post #: 5
Crap!! Sorry gentlemen, Saturday is my wife's birthday, and a full day planned, dang-it...uh, I mean yea!!smile I hate for everyone to work around my schedule (usually I'm flexible!); how about Sunday or another day? This particular Saturday's just not good for me...bummer. Brian
A former member
Post #: 188
Ha ha! Yeah, you better changet that to 'yea' if she ever reads these boards. ;) I haven't heard from Derek, but Sunday works for me also, I didn't mind either day just to get up for a couple hours.

Derek, you reading this? How about Sunday sometime?

I was thinking perhaps we get together somewhere for lunch, I can bring a notepad and some dice (or bring your own) and we can flesh some things out, or at least chat for lunch and go somewhere after that to discuss some more. I'm flexible in regards to my schedule, I head back to Alaska on Wed, so I have a little under a week left here.

Chris