addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Indy Gaming Message Board Conventions and Events › Mayfair Games Booth Volunteers Needed for Gen Con 2012

Mayfair Games Booth Volunteers Needed for Gen Con 2012

Julie Y.
Julie_Yeager
Ypsilanti, MI
Post #: 1
Mayfair Games is looking for volunteer support to demo games at Gen Con 2012, happening August 16-19 in Indy.

We will show you how to teach one or more games (if needed) either through demo videos or while working a shift of no more than 5 hours per day on Thurs., Fri., Sat. and Sun. - for a total of 20 hours.

Daily shifts run from 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. OR 1:30-6:30 p.m. Afternoon volunteers are especially needed at this point in time.

As part of the Gen Con 2012 volunteer program (5hrs x 4days = 20hrs), we will provide you with the following:

-A 4-day badge to Gen Con 2012
-Four (4) "Shepherds" shirts for daily uniform
-Promotional items
-Product compensation
-And access to our evening events in Hall K

If you are interested in helping or have questions, please contact Julie Yeager ASAP at julieyeager@mayfairgames.com AND complete our volunteer process on the Mayfair Games website at http://mayfairgames.c...­
A former member
Post #: 71
Hey gamers.

As a former Mayfair volunteer, please be advised: Get your rewards and schedule in writing prior to volunteering. Mayfair is not known as a very "considerate" host to their volunteers. I very much enjoyed playing Mayfair games prior to volunteering and my experience very much soured me on the company. I'm hoping they have changed, but again, please get everything in writing if you expect any training on demos (which is not always provided) or any Swag, free games, etc. They seem to have a lot of trouble obtaining volunteer help for being such a large company...
Julie Y.
Julie_Yeager
Ypsilanti, MI
Post #: 2
I'm sorry to hear you had a less than fun experience volunteering for Mayfair in the past.
I'm happy to say that I'm new to the Mayfair staff team and my main responsibility is volunteer recruitment and coordination. That being said - things have changed and will continue to change for the better. At this point there is regular communication that occurs with our volunteers to ensure everyone knows what is expected ahead of time. We are always looking for great volunteers to demo games due to the increased number of booth demos we run at Gen Con and we're looking to expand our volunteer program for 2013.

We had a great group of volunteers at Gen Con this year and great support from Saltire Games who provided us with game demo training space prior to the convention.

Again - I'm sorry you had a bad experience in the past but there are many others that have had a great experience and have been demoing for Mayfair Games for years.