addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Indy Gaming Message Board Minatures Historical or Otherwise › D&D PHB Heroes

D&D PHB Heroes

A former member
Post #: 62
Here is an example of what WotC does with sleight of hand.

When they proposed the new changes in the miniature format he saw this: You think nice... but this is what you get on release and then you think, wtf happened to the paint scheme?
A former member
Post #: 63
I just think its funny. I am not bashing WotC. I like their products for the most part. I just wanted to show off some observations about the new line. don't take my word for it. Here is what others are saying;

Martial Heroes 1: Female Dragonborn Rogue
- Looks like a giraffe standing on its hind legs.
- Sub-optimal because it doesn't boost Dexterity.

Martial Heroes 2: Male Dwarf Rogue
- About two stripes away from the Hamburglar.
- Seriously? Another Rogue?

Primal Heroes 1: Human Barbarian
- I didn't know there was a race called a Chipmunk Shifter!
- Guess WotC thinks everyone's playing a Barbarian. Seriously, there are two other Primal classes.

As for the rest, I do not retract my opinion . Especial dishonourable mentions to the goliath, the bumblebee wizard, the bright blue wizard/sorceress thing, and both cross-eyed elves (the one with the scroll and the one with the staff).
Trangen
user 3162591
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 12
This really makes me happy I paint my own.
Michael H.
user 3777820
Warner Robins, GA
Post #: 6
Yeah, with the current sets there was a huge drop in quality. I decided to get back into painting my own and I quickly realized how much I enjoy it. The next set of heroes looks like it is going to get the same poor treatment (based on the previews, they didn't try to trick us with really nice looking minis this time) so I am waiting. It may be some time before they make good ones again.

In the meantime, I paint! :)