addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Indy Webcomics Group Message Board › What are you reading/ collecting?

What are you reading/ collecting?

Ryan P.
user 12906354
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 25
Just curious what everyone is reading slash collecting right now? I'm a Marvel mutant kind of guy. My favorite title right now is The Uncanny X-Force. I'm loving everything about it from the cover art, the kick a** illustration, and the fantastic sci fi story line. Marvel has even introduced some new characters in this title. Apparently, a lot of people are loving The Uncanny X-force as I'm watching the value of each back issue climbing like crazy!

And I'm definitely curious, what's your favorite webcomic? I'm looking for some good ones to add to my list.
Lee C.
LCherolis
Group Organizer
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 523
The first individual issue I've bought in years:
the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles run on IDW.

Comic books I read whenever there's a new trade to buy:
Hellboy & B.P.R.D
Powers

There used to be more but I haven't had a lot of time for comics these days since I started making my own.

Webcomics I read regularly:
Cucumber Quest
Alarming Predicament
Girls With Slingshots
The Brothers Grant (a webcomic by our members Ginger & Chris)
American Elf
PVP
Penny Arcade
Three Panel Soul
Delilah Dirk
Cleopatra in Space (on hiatus)
Hark, A Vagrant
Rice Boy (catching up on current storyline Vattu)
Worth Doing Badly (whenever James decides to relaunch it)
Octopus Pie
Nedroid

There are more but I can't think off the top of my head at the moment...

Samantha K.
user 9575502
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 26
We just received our hard copies of Octopus Pie, Rice Boy, Hark a Vagrant, and Girly after being on order for a while.

Uuuhm, I usually purchase completed stories rather than ongoing series unless they've been collected in trades. I don't really have any patience for little floppity comics that have an ad on every third page.
Lee C.
LCherolis
Group Organizer
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 524
Also, Power Nap.

Also, Battle Pug!

Ryan P.
user 12906354
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 26
YES! I knew there was an easy way to find some good ones! Thanks Lee!
Lee C.
LCherolis
Group Organizer
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 525
Absolutely.

Between Sam and myself, we might read every webcomic ever. Or could at least name them off. Those are just the favorites!
A former member
Post #: 78
Well up until last year I was pretty much exclusively into Marvel and collected Exiles, Deadpools, Avengers, Nova, Guardians of the Galaxy and I was big in the indy scene picking up the Sinbad, Grim's Fairy Tales and the like but I've not picked up a comic since Siege. I still make the occasional journey for Invincible and Walking Dead, and the occasional Heavy Metal.

I've recently rediscovered a love of Literature and have been reading Jeff Somer's Avery Cates Saga.

As far as webcomics it's a short list

Broken Plot Device
Darth & Droids, curious to see what happens at the end of episode 3 with this comic
Fox Comics
Free Fall
Fury Experience
Sabrina Online
And The Chronicles of Loth, I read this to see what my fans are saying.
Chuck
Chuckness
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 44
Rachael Rising in floppy comics.
In webcomics: Scatterwood
And let's not forget Little Guardians.
James
user 2536223
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 68
Is it cool to revive this thread?

If tis: Anybody reading Orc Stain, Prophet, Glory, Saga, Mind MGMT, Revival, Reed Gunther, Walking Dead, Dark Horse Presents, Swamp Thing, Sweet Tooth, Saucer Country, or Shaolin Cowboy?
Tomo
user 11405017
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 5
I, myself have been reading the dark Post Apocalyptic "Kranburn" http://kranburn.thewe...­ Following Danno Klonowski over at http://staplegenius.w...­ I have a fondness for his "Manly Tales of Cowardice."

Due to economic considerations (unemployment) I don't currently collect. When I do collect my main area of interest is Self Published, alternative comics, and mini Comics. Mainly my focus is on amateur works.