addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The London Italian Language Meetup Group Message Board › Have you done an intensive language course in Florence?

Have you done an intensive language course in Florence? Do you know of any recommended ones?

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi all, I'm new to the group and am planning to take a week long course in Florence this summer at the end of June.
There is many options, so I thought I would ask this group to see if anyone has any experience with good ones or bad ones that might help me narrow down the choices.
Thanks for any time and guidance you can share.
A presto,
Steffen
Katherine
user 8938722
London, GB
Post #: 9
I have not done one in Florence but I have booked courses in other parts of Italy with Cactus Language
Courses in the Uk . They liaise with schools in Italy
A former member
Post #: 2
Hi Katherine, Thanks for the reply.

What did you think of the courses you completed? Good, bad, worth the money?

Thanks,
Steffen
Katherine
user 8938722
London, GB
Post #: 10
Hi Steffen

I see from your profile that you are a beginner in Italian. Is that still correct? How long are you hoping to go for? I would particularly recommend the school which I was at in Bologna (Cultura Italiana) but i think that it is only worth going as a complete beginner if you can stay for a month or more. If you only have 1-3 weeks, it would be better to do a course here in London first so that you have the basics. I have met some absolute beginners who found it hard to integrate with other students because the conversation was entirely in Italian.
That aside, i do recommend the Bologna School. The lessons are well organised, there are social activities arranged in the evenings and the atmosphere is very friendly. I have also done courses in Rome, Venice & Salerno but Bologna remains my favourite. I am going back for a 4th visit in September. I hope that this is helpful.
Sarah
BrooklynPerson28
London, GB
Post #: 40
Hi, Steffen. If you haven't picked a course yet and are open to studying in Rome, I highly recommend Dante Alighieri (the one in Piazza Firenze - there are several schools with the same name). Over the years, I've taken several language courses at different places around Italy. They've all been great in terms of social life but Dante Alighieri was the only one that really improved my Italian. On the other hand, if you're a complete beginner maybe it doesn't matter as much because they'll all be able to teach you the basics. The most important thing is to try to live with an Italian while you're there. Oh, one more thing: Have you considered Torino? That city is tied with Rome for my favorite in Italy and there are a lot less tourists (so you'll have less temptation to speak English).

Buon viaggio!
http://www.dantealigh...­