The 2nd edition of Code In The Dark Barcelona is in the pipeline, and as it landed on 4th of May, which is the official International Star Wars day, we decided to honour the force and make it into a Star Wars edition.
But Code In The Dark (http://codeinthedark.com/) is not just another Hackathon!
It is an opportunity to put your front-end skills in the forefront of the event. Coders show off their coding skills and attendees get to be the jury.
There's a bunch of nice prizes, this time there's also a 100 euro cash prize for the winner. But the ultimate prize is to be awarded the title of Barcelona's best front-ender!
For everyone else that just want to join us for some beers and watch the competition and meet fellow front-enders and designers - see you there! :)
IMPORTANT: To sign up for the competition - CLICK HERE (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/code-in-the-dark-star-wars-edition-tickets-33452068036#tickets).
• Each round lasts 15 minutes, and is between 5 to 10 developers.
• All developers in each round are given the same screenshot of a website (e.g: Pinterest.com), and must recreate it to the best of their ability in HTML & CSS
• No code completion tools, no compiling your code before 15 minutes.
• All screens are mirrored so that the audience can watch and alert any rule-breaking.
• The winner will be chosen by audience applause (so bring your friends!)
Companies: Send your devs and show off the talent you've got!
Freelancers: There is no better way to find new clients!
Students: Practice your skills and network for your next big job opportunity!
May the force be with you!
See the video from the last event we did under: