addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The San Francisco Korean Language, Culture and More Group Message Board › The Forgotten War: The Korean Conflict - Kickstarter Event!

The Forgotten War: The Korean Conflict - Kickstarter Event!

Dan
user 6815443
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 82
http://www.yelp.com/events/vallejo-the-forgotten-war-the-korean-conflict-kickstarter-event­

Experience 20 full color plates of amazing and rare images of the people and soldiers of a medical unit stationed in Korea from 1951 to 1954. Photographs are taken by an Army Captain who was a surgeon as well as a professional photographer. Images are vivid Kodachrome and have been painstakingly retouched and digitally restored by an award-winning photo conservationist and restoration artist.

Note from the author:

My name is Jeff Lowe, and for more than 20 years, I have restored and recovered images for clients all over the world. I'm also a theatrical set designer currently residing in the Bay Area of Northern California.

There just aren't many colorful images that have survived from the Korean War era and I am very proud to have the opportunity to share these rare photos with you. The images are some of the most wonderfully heart-felt and artistically inspiring I've ever seen. I scanned the original film at 4000 dpi and have spent uncounted hours on each image; carefully removing dust and imperfections and adjusting the 50+ year old colors.

These images of Korea are sharp and vivid and will absolutely blow your mind. Through this photographers eyes, they aren't just G.I's and civilians, they're people, too. Truly inspiring images of the Hospital ship USS Haven, USS Southerland (DD-743), USS Henderson II (DD-785), USS Rowan (DD-782), The USS Gurke (DD-783) , 25th Medical Evacuation Hospital, 25th Medical Battalion, 7th Medical Battalion - 7th Infantry Division, 8068th Army Unit Replacement Depot, 64th Field Hospital, Seoul and Pusan - Images of a forgotten time that you will never see anywhere else.

Production costs are out of sight - and yet, I believe that the time is right for this series of books. Veterans of the Korean era are leaving us every day now. These books are like little time machines. If your dad or your grandpa was in Korea, you can bet he'll love these books. Please help us to bring them to the shelves!

http://www.kickstarte...­

Thank you -

My very best regards,

Jeff Lowe
http://I%20heard%20ab...­ at sfstage dot com