Talk #1: Writing tests in Kotlin
by Konrad Adamek
A quick introduction to MockK and KotlinTest, for both Kotlin and Java developers. Mocks, verifications and assertions using friendly DSL's in a nutshell.
A 3-years experienced java developer at Sabre, recently fascinated about Kotlin. Also a great proponent of SOLID and clean code principles.
Lightning Talk #2: Kotlin 1.3 overview
by Paweł Marks
Brief introduction of brand new features in Kotlin 1.3. Just so we are ready for Q&A.
Paweł Marks is Kotlin Developer @ Virtuslab. He is also main maintainer of Eclipse Kotlin Plugin. He loves to get to know new programming languages, compare them and rant about them. Privately he is interested in linguistics, history and enjoys surreal memes.
Kotlin team Q&A
with Mikhail Glukhikh
Any Kotlin-related questions about education and tech questions are welcome. If can't join please send us your questions, we try to ask them as well :)
Sr Software Developer in Kotlin Tooling
PhD (Computer Science)
Associate Professor in SPb Polytechnic University
Primary activities in Kotlin project:
- inspections, intentions & quick-fixes (IDE)
- smart casts, data flow & control flow analysis (Compiler)
- multiplatform support from IDE side
- author of https://github.com/JetBrains/inspection-plugin (Gradle inspection plugin)
- author of Kotlin online course https://www.coursera.org/learn/vvedenie-v-yazyk-kotlin (Russian language)
JetBrains provided free licence to rafle during the meetup.
VirtusLab is the founding sponsor of Kraków Kotlin User Group.