What we're about
Looking for companions to check out the awesome events happening in town this weekend? We are a group of last minute event goers who enjoy seeing our city without any long term planning.
This anti-planning meetup group originates from Vancouver, Canada.
As a fun city that offer beautiful nature and variety of cultural events, the city has many events everyday, weekdays or weekends. These events range from
outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, rollerblading, skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing;
career-building seminars, meetup groups and other networking events;
social activities such as dining, movie-going, bubble tea, and coffee;
annual fun events such as Dine out Vancouver, Dragon Boat Festival, Film Festival, Jazz festival, and many more.
The purpose of the group is to allow our members who plan their weekend outings a few days ahead - rather than months ahead. We allow our members to put up events, given they are AT MOST 7 DAYS in advance. ANYTHING OVER 7 DAYS WILL BE HIDDEN FROM PUBLIC.
We suggest our new members sign up to our twitter link, as they will receive the latest event announcements. RSVP is required for all events and will be strictly enforced. With such a short notice, any "Yes I am going" is considered confirmed.
Look forward to meet many of you during our last minute events!
A note to event suggestions:
*** Note: Meetup has changed its policy to suggest new events. So, please read the policies below, and then send me a message with some of your info and details of your events. Thanks! ***
1. Because of the latest Meetup changes, it is best if you can send me a message first before putting on the discussion board (not many people read that). Please send me some event details, etc - and I can approve you as the group's event organizer.
2. When adding a new event, please make sure you would leave your contact information for members to look for you during the event. Organizer can either put it in the "details" section, or ask members to message for number.
3. As an event host, please be present at the event and take responsibility to the members who signed up to your event.
4. This group's organizer does not take responsibility in any events being posted, as they are members-initiated events and each event host will be responsible for the information here.
5. After each event, please provide the appropriate rating for the event, the venue, and the group. Your feedback is very important to the success of this meetup group.
6. Please note that if the event is deemed inappropriate, the group's organizer reserves the right to remove any future posting from the event organizer.