addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Locksport International - Columbus, OH Message Board › Had to miss last night

Had to miss last night

Mike H.
user 10154525
Columbus, OH
Post #: 7
We are in the middle of moving and I was bummed that I was unable to make it last night? Anyone care to share what was covered?
Aaron B.
user 12542692
Columbus, OH
Post #: 4
I don't think we went over anything in particular, just a bunch of picking. I was going to suggest maybe learning impressioning some time (not making molds of keys, but the jiggle/search/file kind...). I don't know if anyone knows how to do this, but i was going to get a file and learn at some point in the near future. Seemed like fun. I had some questions about a few of the locks in the "hard" box - i got some of them open, but others i'm wondering if they have additional security features or whatnot that i have to learn about in order to learn how to open them... (hence a previous post on Best locks)... Perhaps when i finally run into Bill he can tell me since they're his locks, lol.

Bill S.
BillSempf
Group Organizer
Columbus, OH
Post #: 8

I have the equipment to impression - we can do it sometime here soon. Takes a lot of time, but good to know.

All of the locksi n the Hard box have security features - that's why they are there. Let em know which you have questions about, and I'll fill you in!

I'll be at the September meeting.

S
Aaron B.
user 12542692
Columbus, OH
Post #: 5
Ahh...

One of them looked like an IC - i dont think it was marked as a Best lock though - it was brown (i don't know the metal - it was a similar shape though)... Strange thing about it, was i got it to do what looked like a false set in both directions - (i tried picking it both directions, since i didn't know what the actual turning direction was). Then i was stuck, and not sure what to do after that - i couldn't identify a security pin, but then again i might not be good enough to identify certain types of security pins? Someone else (i'm still bad with names) i think raked it open, so maybe i just needed to spend some more time with it... That's all i can remember about the lock though - i should have written something down to do more research on it. Might not make it to the September meeting, but i'm sure i'll see you eventually. I'm excited to take another crack at some of the other locks in that box.

Is there a place to get the types of locks that you have in the Hard box? I've been going to the Restore place - but it's all regular doorlocks with minimal/no security...

-a