addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Austin Linux Meetup Message Board › Temporary Hiatus for Meetings

Temporary Hiatus for Meetings

Bob C.
bob_carnaghi
Austin, TX
Post #: 73
Folks:

Most of you are aware that Pizza Bistro cancelled our meeting agreement. They have offered to reconsider, but after listening to the general comments by the "teeming masses", I think that we're due for a new venue. In the interest of reorganizing the group structure as well as negotiating a new meeting space, I think it'd be wise to have a temporary hiatus from our gatherings. I'm hoping to have a new agreement negotiated by the first of the year. Please stay in touch as the situation develops.

Thank you very much for your understanding.
Rob
user 7055685
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 15
I'm sorry to hear that you're having a tough time finding a place to meet. I know your pain.

To the group members:
Bob has been hard at work keeping this group going for years. Though some might think this is an easy task to accomplish I have learned the hard way it is not. The only relief Bob may get is the night of the meetup when all is finished and folks are heading home. Immediately he has to start thinking about the next meetup and the organization starts all over again. These meetups should really be a group effort and I know members are out there willing to help with either time, resources, or money. If you want to help Bob I would suggest you contact him directly and let him know what you or your company can offer.

Thanks Bob for all your hard work. I'm hoping to get back to your meetups as soon as I can.
-Rob