addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Austin Linux Meetup Message Board › Mount Point - cdrom0

Mount Point - cdrom0

A former member
Post #: 17
I'm just now getting my feet wet on mounting drives and the syntax of the code.

I am attempting to install a software driver for my laptop's wireless. I'm downloading the driver from the installation CD and the message comes up to insert the CD into drive cdrom. My mount config is for cdrom0.

I can sudo gedit /etc/fstab to change the configuration to cdrom and my results are that the CDROM now needs to be inserted into cdrom0

My current fstab configuration is:

/dev/sda1
/dev/sda5
/dev/scd0 /media/cdrom0 udf, iso9660 user, noauto, exec,utf8 0 0

Any thoughts on my mountpoint configuration?

Rocky
Bob C.
bob_carnaghi
Austin, TX
Post #: 41
Rocky:

My /etc/fstab is similar to yours:

bob@whippoorwill:~$ cat /etc/fstab
# /etc/fstab: static file system information.
#
# <file system> <mount point> <type> <options> <dump> <pass>
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
# /dev/sda2
UUID=f26315b8-b94e-483a-b829-aa6c55438­17b / ext3 relatime,errors=remount-ro 0 1
# /dev/sda3
UUID=5e8b9eec-1349-4d28-ab51-9d8c83460­afd none swap sw 0 0
/dev/scd0 /media/cdrom0 udf,iso9660 user,noauto,exec,utf8 0 0
bob@whippoorwill:~$

If I remember correctly, you're running Ubuntu...? When you insert the CD, does the OS pop up a Nautilus (explorer type) interface? If it does, the automounter is working. If you use the command line and

cd /media/cdrom0

you should be able to see the contents of the CD. Does this work?

Bob
A former member
Post #: 18
Yes. I can.

I read the error code a bit more closely and it requested I do and apt-cdrom. I did and it requested an additional command so I did:

Sudo apt-cdrom add

This caused the CD drive to spin up, accessing the Ubuntu Live CD (which I had inserted so I could download the ndis ins wrapper GUI.

A small window popped up asking if I wanted to start the Install Manager and I answered yes. The "yes" answer allows access to the software files and a "No" answer gives no access.

This opened up the Synaptic package manager.

Note: I had gone into System | Administration | Software Sources and un-checked all sources EXCEPT the CD so that I would only search the CDROM drive for the package that was part of the install CD.

I'm good to go now but have another challenge I'll address in another thread.

Regards,

Rocky