What we’re about
Welcome LGBTQ+ Carers of London,
We run online & in-person Wellbeing and Peer Support Meetups for LGBTQ+, Unpaid Carers living in London.
A Carer provides unpaid support to someone who could not manage without them. This support could be practical, emotional or personal. Anyone can become a Carer at any time in their life and 1 in 10 LGBTQ+ people are a Carer.
For example, a Carer could be:
- Someone supporting a friend who struggles with substance misuse
- Someone caring for their partner who has dementia.
- Someone who does the shopping for a neighbour with PTSD.
- Someone looking after an ex-partner who has cancer.
- Someone keeping an eye on the mental health of two of their chosen family members. This involves support to keep on top of bills and helping out with cooking.
If you are an LGBTQ+ Carer living in London we would love to see you at our events!
Wandsworth Carers' Centre