addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

London Vegan Meetup Message Board › Leafleting with Peta against selling Foie Gras at Fortnum and Mason this weekend

Leafleting with Peta against selling Foie Gras at Fortnum and Mason this weekend

Kiki
user 65046152
London, GB
Post #: 2
Hi everyone,

I am going to help Peta on the weekend with leafleting to make people aware of the cruelty of Foie Gras and to ask Fortnum and Mason to stop selling it - probably both days, Saturday and Sunday between 1-2pm. It's near the tube station Green Park.

Foie gras is made by force-feeding ducks and geese huge amounts of food via a pipe that is shoved down their throat several times a day. Their livers become diseased and expand up to 10 times the normal size before the birds are slaughtered and their livers are sold as foie gras.

Anyone interested to join me, please let me know :)

Btw., I am not working for Peta but sometimes help them with leafleting or help occasionally on the volunteering evenings they hold sometimes.

Cheers, Anneka
Lesley D.
Lesleyvegandove
Hampton, GB
Post #: 141
Good luck, personally I prefer to hand out Viva! foie gras leaflets (just because as an organisation for various reasons I prefer them to PeTA and they do equally good anti-foie gras leaflets). I do have some Viva! ones actually, and might be able to join you at some point with them, if you are doing this independently and if other organisations leaflets are allowed not just PeTA, but I don't think I can until after new year, just too busy for now.
A lot of London animal rights activists will be at the anti-fur national demo this Saturday, I will be there all being well, and that may make it a little bit harder to find help with what you're doing if it has to be this weekend.
Kiki
user 65046152
London, GB
Post #: 3
Hi, that sounds interesting to me too - where and when is the national anti-fur demo? I might go there as well perhaps.. I will ask the ppl from Peta how they feel about having people with leaflets from other animal rights organisations as well with them. I would assume they would be glad about every support as it is for the same cause? I am just in the process of getting my head around the different animal rights organisations and interested in different opinions about those actually..

Lesley D.
Lesleyvegandove
Hampton, GB
Post #: 142
The fur demo is listed on this group isn't it? Meet today 12 noon Hyde Park corner.
Lesley D.
Lesleyvegandove
Hampton, GB
Post #: 143
Sorry it is not on this group, it is on the London Animal Rights Meet Up group, which I'd assumed you would be on already