What we’re about
The Los Angeles County Real Estate Investors Association was founded twenty-six years ago (1996) by the legendary Phyllis Rockower. Our Association is the oldest and largest investor group in California. We also have chapters in Orange, Ventura, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties, as well as nine Meetup groups. Our mission is to provide: (1) education, (2) networking, and (3) mentoring to real estate investors throughout Southern California.
We meet on the 2nd Thursday of every month in Los Angeles. We start at 6:30 pm for our unique Vendor Expo (in our exhibition area). Our general meeting runs from 7:30 to 9:30 pm. We proudly present the finest national and international speakers for in-depth real estate education. Learn from our great speakers and network with fellow investors.
For beginner investors that need special help getting started, we offer our super-duper world-famous Mentoring Program. For our experienced investors, we have our special Gold Membership with their own private meetings and advanced seminars.
In 2016, Phyllis passed and fellow investor and author Lloyd Segal assumed leadership of LAC-REIA. In his role as President, Lloyd and his team have been busy expanding LAC-REIA events and programs for members and real estate investors. Among our many activities and benefits:
1. Monthly Meetings. We conduct our General Meetings (free) on the second Thursday of every month, 6:30 to 9:30 pm.
2. Vendor Expos. We conduct monthly Vendor Expos (free), before our general meetings, where you can “meet and greet” over 40 real estate professionals eager to work with you on your next project.
3. LAC-REIA University. We conduct monthly workshops, classes, seminars, and boot camps on various real estate subjects.
4. Gold Membership. Our exclusive Gold Membership is for experienced investors looking for special VIP experiences and private events.
5. Mentoring Program. We have the best Private Mentoring Program in the Western Hemisphere! For those of you new to real estate investing and need help getting started, or you're ready to progress to the next higher level, our mentoring program is for you.
6. Loan Center. Our Loan Center (free) has over 100 lenders eager to finance your next deal. These lenders will actually compete for your business.
7. Wholesale Deals. Every Friday we email you our “Wholesale Deals” with properties available for you to buy. The list is free to members (with Gold Members receiving first priority).
8. Rubbing Elbows Podcast. LAC-REIA hosts a weekly podcast called “Rubbing Elbows” (Thursdays at 8:00 pm and streaming thereafter), with the latest local real estate news, starring our very own Chuck Dorfman and Lior Yehuda.
9. Monday Morning Quarterback. Lloyd’s award-winning “Monday Morning Quarterback” newsletter (free) with the latest real estate news comes out every Monday morning to help you start the week.
10. Basic Training Boot Camp. It all starts with our quarterly Real Estate Basic Training Boot Camp, where we teach you the fundamentals of real estate investing. Don’t miss it!
As you can see there is something for everyone, regardless of whether you’re a beginner or experienced investor. Best of all, there are no membership fees and most of our activities are FREE. Please go to www.LARealEstateInvestors.com and get started. If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at 310-792-6404. We’re always here to help you…
Upcoming events (1)See all
- 4th Annual Los Angeles Real Estate Grand ExpoNeeds location
4rd Annual Los Angeles Real Estate Grand Expo
We are very excited to announce our 4th Annual Los Angeles Real Estate Grand Expo. The Grand Expo returns on Saturday, October 21, 2023, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm. We're taking over the entire Iman Cultural Center for the day - it's all ours! The North Hall (vendor exhibition area), the South Hall (workshops), and the middle parking lot (loaded with workshop tents and food trucks). The theme of this year’s Grand Expo will be “Hedge Inflation - Buy Real Estate”
Last year, the Grand Expo was the largest real estate event in Southern California! We had over 800 investors, 64 vendors, and 12 national speakers! This year will be even BIGGER! An entire day celebrating real estate investing and you can be involved. Best of all, the Grand Expo will be FREE to attend. This Expo is going to be big, really BIG!
SPEAKERS. There will be national guest speakers (in three breakout rooms). Here is a partial list of speakers:
- Jonah Dew
- Eddie Speed
- Rusty Tweed
- Joe Arias
- Christopher Meza
- Tony Watson
- Dani Robison
- Abbas Mohammed
- Bill Walsh
- Marco Kozlowski
- Brad Blazer
- Amanda Brown
and more, more, more!
INVESTMENT EDUCATION. Just think of it! An all-day in-depth educational extravaganza celebrating real estate investing. Most importantly, this will NOT be a sales pitch. Each of the speakers have contractually agreed to educate and teach us successful real estate investing strategies. So regardless of whether you are a new investor, already own properties, or are very experienced, our Grand Expo is for you!
COMPLIMENTARY PRIVATE CONSULTATIONS. As a special unique feature of our Grand Expo, you can sign-up for private half-hour consultations with your favorite guest speakers. Registration will occur Saturday morning, starting promptly at 8:00 am. First come – first serve. So come early and schedule your private consultations. A once in a lifetime opportunity to get free advice from national real estate experts!
VENDOR EXPO: Don't miss our "Vendor Expo," which will occur throughout the day in the North Hall. We'll have 70+ vendors where you can "meet and greet" real estate professionals with services and products that you'll want to utilize in your real estate investing. (If you have a product or service that would be valuable to real estate investors and would like to be a vendor, please contact us directly.)
DATE: Saturday, October 21, 2023, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
LOCATION: Iman Cultural Center, 3376 Motor Avenue (between Palms and National), Los Angeles, 90034.
FREE PARKING: Street parking (free and metered). There are also two FREE parking structures just two blocks away. The first structure is at the northeast corner of Motor and Palms. The second structure is at the northeast corner of Motor and National. From either parking lot it’s short two block walk to the Iman. Valet parking ($15) will also be available.
FREE ADMISSION: Admission to our Grand Expo will be COMPLIMENTARY (free!), but reservations are recommended.
RSVP: Make your reservations now! (Last year, we sold out and people were turned away!) So don’t wait! RSVP at our special website: www.LAGrandExpo.com.
PRODUCERS. The Grand Expo is joint presentation of the Los Angeles County Real Estate Investors Association, Sam’s Real Estate Club, Ventura Real Estate Investors Association, and Realty 411.