addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Love-A-Bull Pit Bull Meetup Message Board › Finding Apartments that allows Pitties

Finding Apartments that allows Pitties

Leslie
user 5051982
Austin, TX
Post #: 6
I just adopted a little pit pup from Austin Pets Alive, and they needed a letter from our apartment management saying that her breed was okay. I was so nervous to go talk to them because I know a lot of places have restrictions. When I went to ask if it was okay for us to adopt a pit bull, she said that was fine, and there are no breed restrictions here, just a weight limit (50lbs). Huge relief. We live in the Townhollow Apts on South Lamar. It's so frustrating this is even an issue...

Thank you so much for this post...I've seen this apartment complex as it's in a great location for a great price and feel much more comfortable applying to live here with your information. I do know of a few places in the Central area that also have pitties living there, but this is probably one of the nicest options.

Thanks again!

A former member
Post #: 2
These posts have been really helpful to read. Our pit is still a puppy so people still think she's cute, but she's already 40 lbs and we have a lease till next spring. My biggest fear is someone complaining because the dogs I've seen have all been chihuahuas and pomeranians. People still think our baby is cute and harmless (and she is BOTH), but I doubt they'll all feel the same way when she gets bigger.
If worse comes to worse we could take her to my home back in upstate New York but I'd really rather not dump her on my family and have her away from us :(
We're definitely going to be looking at different apartments that less restrictive rules regarding breed.
A former member
Post #: 1
Woodgate Apt in South Austin (78704) also is one in few in Austin that accepts and welcomes pitties. They require a $500 deposit but have open doors. I have been living here for over 3 years and have had no issues.

Hope this helps.
Kitty K.
user 13364481
Austin, TX
We just moved to Austin from Los Angeles excited because "Austin is so dog friendly" but of course it has been hell! I'm going to look into the info I found here to try and figure something out.
Erin R.
user 13753614
Austin, TX
I've been told by a friend who owns a pit that her apartment, Stoney Ridge, has no breed restrictions, only a weight restriction of 50 lbs. However, they may not be too strict on that, as she also added that her dog weighs more than that but looks smaller than she is. They're located on South First Street, not too far from Zilker Park. Hope this helps someone!

I live at Stoney Ridge, and was shocked that they were so open to multiple breeds - and I was told that that my pup only needed to be under 50 pounds when we got her - weird, but nice.
Nikki
user 9456446
Austin, TX
Post #: 5
I was just wondering if anyone knew if the apartments called IMT Anderson Mill in north Austin is pit friendly?! I'm currently trying to find some places but due to being a one car family I need some places in north Austin close to the 620 Wal-Mart or somewhat near. Does anyone know of some places in that area that is pit friendly??
A former member
Post #: 4
Try Roscoe Properties....I've only heard that they have a less limiting Pet Policy. I have not spoken to anyone there, yet....

http://www.roscoeprop...­

Here is their pet policy...

No more than 2 pets are allowed per apartment.
2. Current vaccination record and evidence of being spayed or neutered.
3. $300.00 deposit for each animal, plus an additional $15 per month pet rent per apartment. Total pet deposit may be in paid in two installments, 50 percent at time of move in and 50 percent with second months'' rent.
4 . We will accept dogs, cats, a small bird, a fish aquarium not to exceed 20 gallon capacity .
5 . Roscoe Properties does not accept dogs that exhibit any type of aggressive behavior.
6 . Unauthorized pets will result in a $100.00 fee and an additional $10.00/day until either the pet deposit
is paid (if the pet meets the above criteria) or the pet has been removed from the apartment.
A former member
Post #: 7
I was just wondering if anyone knew if the apartments called IMT Anderson Mill in north Austin is pit friendly?! I'm currently trying to find some places but due to being a one car family I need some places in north Austin close to the 620 Wal-Mart or somewhat near. Does anyone know of some places in that area that is pit friendly??

Hi Nikki, sorry I didn't notice this sooner because I live there. It's an extremely dog-friendly complex but I'm not sure what the "official" written policy is. I'm fairly sure you're fine if your dog is a "mixed breed" of whatever sounds good. I've been fostering pit mixes (my doggy neighbors loved the last one, she was friends with all their dogs), and several neighbors have them out in the open.

There's a nightly group out in the dog park and they love all dogs, as long as it's not badly behaved or aggressive. So really there's no one going through and checking, and the neighbors could care less, as long as your dog does not cause a problem. :)

In regard to the comment above though, Roscoe Properties is openly any dog friendly in the sense that they aren't breed restrictive but don't want aggressive dogs. We've spoken with them personally and they want to rent to our members. We even had a success story with one that moved in so she could keep a foster turned adopted dog!
A former member
I would just say that my dog is a terrier or terrier mix - which is what a pit bull is. I have always had dogs, and have never had the manager want to meet my dogs.
Lydia
LydiaZ
Austin, TX
Post #: 110
Hi guys. We have done the research for you on this. Th eonly apartments that officially allow pits are listed here: http://love-a-bull.or...­ (and they are all Roscoe owned), though there are some that claim not to, but will look the other way (this is is always risky). Roscoe has alot of properties, and if you can't afford to go private owned (off Craig's List, private landlord), I'd stick with them.