addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Colorado Libertarians Message Board › Demostration at the state capitol

Demostration at the state capitol

A former member
Post #: 19
Saturday, December 12 will be a demonstration at the Colorado State Capitol. It is a Republican demonstration against the Republican Party. Currently the Republican Party is not allowing the people of the Republican Party choose their own candidate.
When: December 12, 2009 1:00 PM
Where: Colorado State Capitol Building, Colfax & Lincoln West
Steps of the Capitol Bldg, Denver, CO 80203
Where: West Steps of the State Capital
Why is this an important demonstration for Third Party people to attend:
We need to let those frustrated republicans know they do have a choice.
We need to let those angry republicans know that we are united behind them.
We need to let those disenfranchised republicans know that they do not have to remain united behind a false republican party.
We need to let them know that they do have a choice and that choice may be VOTE 3rd PARTY.
We need to let them know that others have jumped the sinking republican ship. (Eventually, we will show them where the life boat of third party is.)

Usually when a republican jumps ship they go to the democrats. When democrats jump their ship they go to the republicans. There is another choice: VOTE 3rd PARTY
When attending this demonstration we need to be very careful with our words. We do not want this to backfire. We can not let them think the third party is trying to control any of the republicrat system.
Simply state “I AM A FORMER REPUBLICAN”. I am sure most of you were a republican at one time or another. By saying only “I AM A FROMER REPUBLICAN” you are letting others know that it is OK to not belong to the republican party. We first must let these people get used to the idea that it is OK to not belonging to the republican party. It will take time and patience to remove all brainwashing from their minds. The simple statement “I AM A FORMER REPUBLICAN” we plant the seed.
Do not under any circumstance state the party you belong to now. I know you are proud of your party. But, the media will use any statement against us. Those sitting at home will only hear what the mass media wants them to hear and the message will be distorted. Simply state “I AM A FORMER REPUBLICAN”.
The more demonstrators out their will get the message across. We will not simply vote for anyone that is thrown out there under any flag. Eventually we will be able to gather as a Vote 3rd Party movement. It won’t matter which third party. Breaking down the present system is the most important thing we can do right now. Our future depends on it.
Here are some ideas for signs.
Tired of the same old republicrats/VOTE 3rd PARTY
I am a former Republican/VOTE 3rd PARTY (Future democrat demonstrations we can change this to Democrats.)
I want the right to choose/VOTE 3rd PARTY
I support the Constitution/VOTE 3rd PARTY
We want our country back/VOTE 3rd PARTY
Support our troops/VOTE 3rd PARTY
Bring back the Constitution/VOTE 3rd PARTY
Come up with other great signs, just remember to include VOTE 3rd PARTY
Please, do not have any signs that support one candidate or a third party. A few months down the line we can guide people into what they truly believe in.
Thank you, Christine