Again, we have something to celebrate: this is our 30th Magento Meetup in Austria. A BIG thank you to everybody making this possible!
This time, we are meeting in Vienna in the 17th district in the LimeSoda office. We are looking forward to welcome many attendees!
Our first talk will be held by Tsvetan Stoychev. Tsvetan will talk about Web Performance Metrics and give us examples from production Magento shops:
”DON’T GUESS. MEASURE.”, I’ve been looking at this slogan on a office wall every work day during last 2 years. By chance I became interested in Web Performance optimizations about 2 years ago and since today I still keep repeating to myself “DON’T GUESS. MEASURE.” before and after I improve performance.
Measuring results before and after performance optimization is essential. It keeps our projects healthy, ensures that we do not create a performance regression and helps us find out the next performance bottleneck.
In this talk I would like to share:
* Some of the interesting fronted performance metrics?
* How can we track those metrics?
* What I’ve learned about performance monitoring? As a bonus I will demonstrate Basic RUM an open source project that helps developers track frontend performance. Of course all this knowledge was gained while monitoring and auditing custom Magento 1.x themes.
Thank you a lot for giving this talk, Tsvetan!
Learn more by visiting Tsvetans blog (https://www.revampix.com/) and the Basic RUM project(https://github.com/basicrum/backoffice) . And don’t forget to follow him on Twitter (https://twitter.com/ceckoslab)!
* Magento News by Anna Völkl and Matthias Glitzner-Zeis
* Talk 1: Web Performance Metrics: Examples from production Magento shops by Tsvetan Stoychev (English)
* Food & drinks
* Topic 2: TBA Please tell us if you want to talk!
* Chatting and networking