addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 195
If you haven't found out about this yet, it's great! I've been freecycling for a couple of years and have gotten great stuff and gotten RID of lots of stuff. No money is allowed to change hands and there are some guidelines for use, but overall it's a big "exchange" for stuff that you need to get rid of (but still has useful life for someone) and a place to post your "wants." I've heard that Portland Maine's freecycle board is one of the most active in the country....

http://groups.yahoo.c...­

Anyone else using freecycle?
Merry & Burl H.
BeMerry
Portland, ME
Post #: 26
Thanks, Lisa. I just sent in info to join. Sabattus is on the outer limit of the 45- minute-from-Portland rule. Meantime, does anyone need a loveseat?

I also put in information for the "Frugal Living" meetup that people are trying to get started. I'd rather see a group out of Brunswick for gas $ reasons. I believe in frugal living for two reasons: we're broke; and the world is already way over"stuffed."
A former member
Post #: 35
Hi Lisa,
Which category for receiving email do YOU recommend? Individual, Daily digest, special notices? It would seem that the bulk daily digest would cut down the number of messages you receive but the 26th message could be just the thing you are looking for...Just interested in your thoughts about which category worked well for you.

Thanks for the web address!
Winnie
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 196
Hi Winnie - I have gone back and forth on this. If you are really looking to get good stuff, you kind of need the individual emails as it's often "first response wins" on the good items. What I have done is create a rule in my email client (Outlook, in my case) so that any emails from Freecycle go into their own folder right away and don't clutter my inbox. If I am in a mood to check that box frequently, I can see what's available and respond quickly. If not, I just don't look and clear out the folder periodically.

Other times, when I'm in a total non-acquisition mode, I just turn on daily digest.

Thanks
Lisa