addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Where is zengeos?

Where is zengeos?

Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 462
Has anyone heard from Mark? I'm sure this is the busy season at work... Hope all is OK!
A former member
Post #: 164
I was just wondering the same thing...I do miss him!
Penelope
user 5846522
Portland, ME
Post #: 48
In the last few days I have been wondering the same.
A former member
Post #: 90
Me too!

Winnie
zengeos
zengeos
Gorham, ME
Post #: 205
Sorry all! Here I am! The dreary weather made me a little depressed and a little ill, so I just focussed mostly on my job.

Finally getting back in the swing of things and making forward progress on my gardens. Unfortunately,m most of the broccoli bolted, but I have several nice size heads of cauliflower coming on. One is 4-5" in diameter already!

My strawberries are bearing a few ripe fruit. The borage is quite pretty now.

The herb spiral is growing crazy!

The chamomile is flowering sooo profusely the stems are all falling over.

The yellow lettuce seems to be taking over the garden!

Tomatoes are coming on now....and the first planting is just a 2' tall mass of tomatoes...I have to get the trellis in place tomorrow. The new grapes look great, as do the elderberries and shadblow. The Arbor Day apple trees are small, but all are doing well. The new blueberries are also doing well. One of the shadblows up front is finally bearing significant fruit.

The garlic looks fantastic! I should get sizable heads this year. I'll probably start 2-3x as much garlic this fall. 50 plants isn't really enough.

I plan to convert the traditional garden to sheetmulching this fall, so...an inch or two of compost...newspaper over that and straw over that...

Once I get caught up on the weeding I hope to add more sheetmulched beds in the back area...maybe 3 or 4 more 20-25' beds. That should give me enough room for next years' planting and make it easier to manage it all next year, while much time this year was spent in prep.

I still have 30 or so containers of wintersown plants out front, as well as a couple trays of herbs, flowers and vbeggies planted under lights. I hope to plant most of that out tomorrow, my next day off.

That's it for me!