addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Metal roofing - Old school corrugated metal roofing

Metal roofing - Old school corrugated metal roofing

Victoria
Mainevic
Freeport, ME
Post #: 1
We are building a chicken coop and have looked everywhere for some old school corrugated metal roofing -- you know, the stuff you see on barns everywhere. We have called: Ames, Brooks, Paris, Hancock, Machinos, etc.
No one seems to sell anything but the fancy new style metal roofing.
We only need (6) 6'9" long and 36" wide panels.
Does anyone have any idea where we can source this stuff?
Thanks so much.
Victoria
Aaron P.
user 6845673
Falmouth, ME
Post #: 53
I was looking for that stuff last weekend for a woodshed i am building... i'm pretty sure its only available used these days at least in the portland area. Someone on craigslist has/d it for $5 a sheet, but its a 2 hr drive from portland. The cheapest stuff around is polycarbonate, but i would only expect to get 5-7 years out of it (unless its in a shady spot). So the fancy metal stuff seems to be the best bet, unless you get lucky and score something on craigslist/uncle henry's/freecycle. Good luck!
Paul
user 7662870
Portland, ME
Post #: 1
Perhaps you should check with that big scrap metal recycling place in Portland near Marginal Way.....I just saw a pickup load of that stuff headed intown this morning! It looked used so I'd bet that is where it's going.....
Victoria
Mainevic
Freeport, ME
Post #: 2
Thanks much for your input, Aaron. And thanks for the tip, Paul; we seemed to have missed the load that you saw headed for the Portland scrapyard by mere minutes. They apparently scrap incoming loads immediately and say they don't do retail... But we're keeping our eyes open on freecycle and craig's list. I'll keep you posted if we find a great secret stash somewhere. thanks again, Victoria