Miami's Support Group to Overcome Heartbreak & Embrace Love.
This group Meetup is in Miami, FL. The intention is to help in transforming, healing and growing at time when you may feel alone after a breakup while having support and connecting with others. This group is for you if you can answer yes to any of the below:
* Have you been in a relationship that left an emotional and spiritual scar? * Have you felt like the past may repeat itself so you don't bother to date, connect or you sabotage opportunities to be open to love someone else again?
* Are you feeling alone and without support after someone cheated and/or deceived you?
* Are you undergoing and have undergone a transition after a relationship ended that feels like it's dragging or stuck?
* If you've answered yes to the above, this group is for you. I've started this group with one main goal: helping people make love after war. Basically, let go of what was, and making room for what's available NOW. Over 7 years ago, I experience traumatic heartache losing the ability to trust others and myself. Since then there has been a tremendous amount of growing, learning, action, and transformation. I want to pass on the baton to empower others to
• Break from the past and overcome limiting beliefs
• Live in the present and relish in gratitude for what is
• Create the possibility of having a fulfilling relationship again
• Provide a supportive community to achieve that
It's something I would have wanted when I was dealing with heartbreak and when I was tossing and turning fighting the desire to feel, connect and love once again.
ABOUT THE GROUP ORGANIZER & FAQ:
I received a question from a group member and thought I'd share a bit more about myself, why I've started this group, what is the desired outcome.
Virginia who are you and is there anyone with mental health background?
I am a transformational coach with my own experience with infidelity, and my work of self-awareness, discovery, evolution, and transformation which began in 2009. I started my personal work of growth to move forward in relationships at first by seeking therapists support (sex therapist, marriage counseling, and family therapist). I found that my growth actually took place when I hired a coach, attended group seminars that allowed me to connect with people and learn skills to . The approach is a bit different. I've participated in Robbin-Maddens Strategic Intervention as well as Gottman Relationship Training, and I have completed the mental health first aid training which is provided to civil servants (police officers, fire fighter, paramedics). If someone in the group needs more than group support, then I will suggest other resources such as more in-depth group approaches and/or one-on-one with either a licensed therapist or with a coach.
Over 7 years ago when I experienced my bout of feeling betrayed, alone and guarded, I would have wanted a group that felt safe and heard. I'm facilitating this group with the goal of creating a safe space to connect, share and so that discovery and transformation can take place. It's something I would have wanted when I was in the painful trenches. It's what I'd like to create for you.
What's the dynamic of the group?
Too soon to tell, but this group has a code of conduct to ensure that members feel safe. All those attending must agree to the rules to ensure everyone feels the space is non-judgemental, that members feel a sense of confidentiality and support. I will ask us all to agree to them verbally at the start of the meeting to the code.
What is the agreement we as members would have to make?
Maintain Confidentiality - I agree that what is shared in the group will stay in the group.
Listening - I agree to respectfully listen to the communication of other. To listen to understand instead of to respond.
Open to mind and heart - I agree to “try on” and wear information I hear for a while as it stands. I release the need to evaluate or compare what I am learning."
Responsibility - I agree to be open to creating new possibilities in my life by taking responsibility for my creations, reactions, experiences and relationships.
Group Intention: The intention of the group is to connect, share and allow for a safe space for healing hearts to step into their power, overcome limiting beliefs, grow and transform. To ensure this a truly safe, a commitment by members to create a trusting group environment is needed. This provides the basis for powerful transformation, empowering exploration, inspired collaboration and vibrant living.come together for the purpose of learning, creating, communicating or working are well supported when the creation and maintenance of a safe, trusting space is established.
As a member, each person agrees to practice these standards to the best of his or her ability.
You will commit to the below: * Maintain confidentiality. "What I see and hear that is personal or specific to another will stay here."
* Have an open and innocent mind and heart. "I allow myself to “try on” and wear the information for a while as it stands. I release the need to evaluate or compare what I am learning."
* Practice a positive focus. "I focus on what is working and what is right in a situation. I will fill my tank with the power of positivity."