Let's plant some trees to soak up CO2 and make the world better.
Green Drinks London is proud to link up with Friends of Clapham Common for some tree planting.
Join us: Meet at the Bandstand, at the centre of Clapham Common.
Help us plant oak trees by digging, back-filling, staking, mulching, watering. All ages welcome!
If you are late join, come find us on the western side of the Avenue A205, by Broomwood road.
A Spade. (If you have one. You will also be helpful with no spade.)
A bottle of water.
Wear: Warm clothes and boots.
Friends of Clapham Common are providing the trees and running the day. London Green Drinks is will get lots of people to help and make this event happen regularly.
If successful, this tree planting event will be repeated.
Benefits of tree planting:
- Stop climate change: reducing emissions is important, as is tree planting like this to convert CO2 to Oxygen.
– Reduce the noise and visibility of traffic
– Improve air quality
– Provide a habitat for wildlife, increase biodiversity, helping create an ecological area
– Enhance mental and general health
– Reduce temperature, provide shade
– Improve soil quality, reduce erosion and risk of floods.
Please contact [masked] for more information.
Their website is: https://claphamcommon.net/events/
London Green Drinks is pleased to support this event by Friends of Clapham Common.