Updated rules as of 5/17/2021 at the bottom of this group description.
We welcome everyone! Whether you live in San Francisco, the Bay Area or anywhere in the world, please join this group if you are looking to socialize. There will be different meetings and events to cater to different people. If you want to expand your social circle, to network for business, to talk about relationships/dating, to learn about a new topic, to meet others like you, to meet others who are not like you, you have come to the right place.
Please be mindful of your direct contact of members in this group. If any member messages the organizer that they are receiving unwelcome or awkward private messages from you, then you will be removed and banned indefinitely from this group.
If you are only interested in in-person events, we will not be meeting until we are out of the pandemic. All you have to do is to check this meetup page at least once every couple of weeks to get updated as an active member.
We want to make sure our members are active or have the intention for making real connections with real people. Please check this meetup page periodically so that the organizer knows that you want to continue being a member.
The organizer removes any members that have been inactive over four months. If you are removed but want to stay a member, please re-submit for approval. You must have a current face photo on your member profile.
Looking forward to hosting fun and unique online and in-person events for everyone. Thank you for joining us!
********UPDATE as of 5/17/2021********
Message from founder Jennifer:
We had reached 370 active members in this meetup group (meaning everyone has either attended an event or clicked onto our meetup webpage within the last 4 months. This meetup group has now become a Private group. As of 5/17/2021 members who have been inactive for 4+ months have been removed.
Moving forward there are requirements that I will ask of you to maintain your membership:
1. Your face photo must be current and clear. If you have a full body photo and we can see your face clearly then that is okay. If you are wearing sunglasses, a face mask or showing us your back, side of your face or I cannot make out how you look and I have yet to meet you in a zoom meeting, I will remove your membership. If I already know you (this includes being on a previous video zoom meeting) then you do not have to change your photo.
2. Please update your member profile for this meetup group so that at least your first name is real (full names or last initials always welcome).
3. Unless it is a POP UP zoom meeting, you must rsvp YES if you will be attending an online OR in-person event.
4. If you no show to an in-person event your membership will be canceled.
5. If you no show two (2) times to an online event, your membership will be canceled.
6. For the Men: Always direct message me before contacting any female member in this group. If someone contacts me and tells me that you direct messaged or private chatted them in a zoom meeting and it made them feel awkward, uncomfortable or unsafe, your membership will be canceled.
If your membership is canceled please make the required modifications to your profile for this meetup group and re-submit your membership for approval. Know that you can have a different photo and name for your main meetup profile page if you are trying to be incognito outside of this meetup group.
I am going to host events at my home and need to make sure I know who you really are before you can attend. I also need to make sure everyone here is looking to make real friendships and authentic relationships. This is not a meetup group meant for shallow or superficial conversation or to support people who are inconsistent or unreliable.
Here is my direct text phone number in case you have any questions or if you cannot make an event last minute due to an emergency: 650-346-3598