The Silver Spring Art Collective is a group in which art educators and graduate level art students can: 1) connect with other artists socially and professionally; 2) provide constructive feedback on each other's work; and 3) collaborate with each other if they feel inclined.
The group is open to Individuals who are 27+ years of age. To become a member, you will need to share where you teach, study, or studied in the past.
What makes this group different? Three things:
1. The group is vetted and its size is restricted.
2. It's not intended to last forever. It appears, ends, and occasionally reappears.
3. The group is as exciting as *you* are. We don't all get together; the organizer isn't going to plan for you. Here's how it works: if you have something cool that you *already* planned on doing and think that you'd like company, share what it is in the discussion and make an open invitation for people to come. If people like the sound of it, make plans!
Studios, cafes, schools, restaurants, galleries - all of those can work, but be creative. Not sure what to suggest? Check out atlasobscura.com/things-to-do/washington-dc
- Be qualified. This group is for art teachers, graduate students, or and alumni who hold degrees in a form of art.
- This is not a class. Come prepared to share, engage others, and have a good time.
- Be cool to people. Individuals who are unpleasant or thoughtless, whether with specific individuals or with the group, can be removed at the organizer's discretion.
- Participate. Individuals who join but never attend, or who rsvp but routinely no-show, can be removed at the organizer's discretion.
- Anonymous accounts will not be considered for membership.