$7 ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FEE REQUIRED FOR JOINING. Annual dues are used to offset annual $198 MeetUp expenses. We request pre-payment because tracking and chasing deliquent members are not fun. We rather spend the time organizing great venues for you.
This is a group for intermediate golfers. We regularly play 18-hole courses in the South Bay and around the Bay Area. Both men and women of all ages are encouraged to join. But note that the core group is baby boomers.
Our goal is to play a lot of golf and have fun in the process. All members must be familiar with pace of play and course management, basic golf rules, golf safety and golf etiquette and a good attitude is a must. We often gather in the clubhouse or at a local restaurant after each round for food and beer. This is optional, but drinks after a round may be required to forget your score.
- This is not a dating site.
- Members promoting any special interests including but not limited to political, sexual, or religious agendas will be removed from the group.
- There may be no refund to members removed from the group on account of his/her refusal to follow our guidelines presented below.
- Members with repeat late cancellations or no-shows will be removed.
- Using computer illiteracy as an excuse for not following these guidelines is not acceptable. Everyone should have the MeetUp app downloaded to their phone and have notifications enabled. If you refuse to cooperate or are unable to do so, you don’t belong in this group.
- When you cancel an event, change your RSVP to "Not Going". You don't have to post a discussion to tell us why you’re not joining us at the event.
- Inactive members who don't participate in our events will be removed after dues expire. Anyt member will be removed from the group after a grace period if dues are not paid.
- Members who repeatedly show up to an event without securing a spot on the 'going list' will be removed.
--- Do not show up if you are just on the Waitlist!!!
- Members presenting excessive negative comments, gossiping about another member or airing out dirty laundry will be removed.
- Organizers reserve the right to remove any member at any time. Dues may be refunded if removal is within 6 months of payment.
Under no circumstances shall Bay Area Golfers MeetUp group including organizers and event hosts be responsible or liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, injuries or damages arising out of your participation with golfing or other organized activities.