$7 ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FEE REQUIRED FOR JOINING. Annual dues are used to offset annual $180 MeetUp expenses. We request pre-payment in order to join so we don't have to chase people down who have not paid up. Follow these 2 steps before being accepted into the group:
This is a group for anyone interested in participating in weekday or weekend casual golf games. We regularly play 18-hole courses in the South Bay and around the Bay Area. Both men and women of all skill levels and ages are encouraged to join. But note that the core group is baby boomers. For the beginner golfers, you must have some basic golf skills and at least 9-holes golf experience before signing up for a meetup.
Our goal is to play a lot of golf and have fun in the process. You don't have to keep score, nor keep a handicap. Just have fun and keep up with the others in your group. All members must be familiar with pace of play and course management, basic golf rules, golf safety and golf etiquette and a good attitude is a must. We often gather in the clubhouse or at a local restaurant after each round for food and beer. This is optional, but drinks after a round may be required to forget your score.
- This is not a dating site.
- Members promoting any special interests including but not limited to political, sexual, or religious agendas will be removed from the group.
- Members with repeat late cancellations or no-shows will be removed.
- Using computer illiteracy as an excuse is not acceptable. Everyone should have the MeetUp app downloaded to their phone and notifications enabled. If you refused or not able to do so, you don’t belonged in this group.
- When you cancel an event, change your RSVP to "Not Going". You don't have to post a discussion to tell us why you’re not coming.
- Inactive members who don't participate in our events will be removed after dues expire.
- Members who repeatedly show up to an event without securing a spot on the 'going list' will be removed.
--- Do not show up if you are on the Wait List!!!
- Members posting excessive negative comments, gossiping about another member or airing out dirty laundry will be removed.
- Organizers reserve the right to remove any member at any time. Dues may be refunded if removal is within 6 months of payment.
Disclaimer Under no circumstances shall Bay Area Golfers MeetUp group including organizers and event hosts be responsible or liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, injuries or damages arising out of your participation with golfing or other organized activities.