While this group started out as a WoW Meetup, it is now evolving into a broader gaming group.
- Going forward there will be a variety of organized events, and a group Discord server. To gain access please message me directly on Discord at Shtanky#4568 ... If you've never used Discord before, it is an amazing voice and text communication application. This way members can chat or type stuff to each other directly much more easily than on here.
- Local events will include: Board Gaming, Escape Rooms, Beer Tastings, Axe Throwing, and anything else you, our members suggest.
- Online events will involve: World of Warcraft (active Casual Raiding guild), Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone, and again anything else people want to play.
Some really basic group rules:
- Be kind to each other. Respect your fellow players. We are an open and inclusive space for all. While this hasn't been an issue in the past, I want anyone who has a negative experience to message me directly. Poor behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Please do not use this group platform to promote other game groups.
- If you sign up for an event, please either show up or post on the event page that you cannot attend. We totally understand real life happens, but we reserve space at various venues based on sign ups and we want to maintain good relationships with our free venues. If you "No Show" three times you will be removed from the group.
- This is a "not for profit" Meetup group. We work hard to find great free spaces to play, however Meetup dues are roughly $300/year. As such we do collect $2 per event which goes directly to those dues. Once we break even we will stop charging until the following year.
As our group evolves I am always looking for volunteers that don't mind hosting events in various parts of the city. Message me if you're interested!