What we're about
Upcoming events (1)
Join this AI for Good project that aims at combatting climate misinformation, greenwashing, and climate-related fake news. Problem statement: most people accept climate change as real, however, they don't take action to challenge the misinformation about it.
To solve this problem, we aim is to build a tool that would help people identify posts about climate change that are not scientifically accurate or deliberately misleading. This tool (possibly in the form of a bot) will detect arguments against climate change or greenwashing and provide scientifically reviewed facts.
As the project moves forward, we realize how much impact it could have in fighting misinformation and greenwashing in things that we read online. So we truly need as many hands as possible to help us with different tasks from product design to building web scrapers and training an algorithm that can classify misinformation.
We are looking for volunteers with the following skills:
- Data Science / Data Engineering (data scrapers, classifiers, NLP)
- Backend and Front End Software Engineering (plugins, mobile apps)
- Climate change science (climate facts, denial tactics, inoculation)
- Marketing specialists (consumer behavior, go-to-market strategy)
- Website developers and content writers
- We also need strong team leaders!
You doN'T need to have any specific professional experience. Your motivation to explore and make progress by doing is more than enough.
- https://shorturl.at/dlrFI - Product wiki with all the latest research and assumption that we need to validate
- https://github.com/ClimateMisinformation - GitHub repo to contribute to our project on the tech side
- https://shorturl.at/qLTXY - long google doc with meeting notes and detailed information about the project since its inception
18:00-18:15 - Introductions and updates (please don't be late)
18:15-19:00 - Brainstorming and collaboration