This is a group for military families and friends wanting to connect with others that have lived similar lives and have had similar life experiences. We are military veterans, adults raised by military parents; wives/husbands/widows /widowers of military, and friends of military people.
This is a good place if you are coming back into civilian life, so you can be connected to others that have walked in your shoes.
Everyone will make you feel welcomed. Enjoy doing things together and the fellowship.
We have fun outings: attend fun events, or, get together for socializing, a movie, an outing, such as concerts in the park, picnics, and more. We focus on family friendly, and mostly free events and outings.
We attend military ceremonies and events.
We welcome suggestions for meetups.
Some of us bond by working together as volunteers:
* Participate in Memorial Day and Veterans' Day ceremonies helping to set up and whatever is needed.
* Help Churches that ask for our help with preparing care packages for the needy.
* Volunteer for annual backpack for low income children by helping stock the bags and then pass out to kids.
* Help Food Banks with food donations. Delivering bags to homes and then picking of the food filled bags.
* Assist rescue crews in areas after disasters.
Membership in the group does not require you to do volunteer work. Everyone here will make you feel welcome.
1. Post your real name. The group is private to protect you from outsiders and internet-search engines.
2. A clear photograph of just your face (no sunglasses, no hats, no other people in the photo).