addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

milwaukee vegan meetup Message Board › Milwaukee Area Vegetarian Wedding - help!!!

Milwaukee Area Vegetarian Wedding - help!!!

A former member
Post #: 1
Hey all,

My fiancee and I are both vegetarians from the Madison area, getting married in the Milwaukee area in Summer of 2009. We would like our wedding reception to be a celebration of our marriage but also serve as an opportunity to show our friends and family members that vegetarians eat more than just Boca burgers and veggie lasagna.

We're looking for a location or caterer that can provide us with a yummy, all-vegetarian menu (either sit-down or buffet style) for about 200 guests. This is proving to be a very difficult task and I'm about ready to give-in and let my mom just find some "beef, chicken, or cheese tortellini?" sort of caterer.

Any suggestions?? Thanks!

Alison and Philip
A former member
Post #: 3
I would check with the Chicago Diner http://www.veggiedine...­.
I don't know of any local companies who could do it.
The Chicago Diner either might be able to do it, or maybe they will know people who can cater.
Don't give up yet!
It's your wedding!
Congratulations by the way.
lindsay
lindsayt21
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 10
have you asked outpost, or beans & barley? i feel like i've seen somewhere that they each do catering, but i'm not 100% certain so don't quote me on that. ;)
A former member
Post #: 8
If you don't mind ethnic food, you could check with a Middle Eastern restaurant, like Casablanca (Brady Street) or Indian food, like Maharaja (on Farwell Ave.)
Also, you could Google "Outpost Exchange" which is published by the Outpost, and there might be ads in there for caterers that are geared toward veg-friendly diets.
A former member
Post #: 9
Whatever you do, don't give up!

Even if you were to hire a regular catering company (though I am sure you could find a local veg friendly or even vegan owned one) most Chefs are excited about preparing vegan cuisine. It is something new and different for them to try, and hard for a seasoned chef to mess up.
If you talk to the owner of Cafe Manna: Robyn 262-790-2340 info@cafemanna.com I am betting that she might know someone. Who knows, they might do it themselves.
(they are an entirely vegetarian restaurant just opened in Brookfield).