Location visible to members
Somya Sharma will teach us how to use git and Github for version control. No prior experience with Github/git required.
This is a hands-on session so bring your computer if you can!
If possible, please complete setting up prior to the session with steps listed below:
1. Create a Github account at https://github.com
2. Go to https://desktop.github.com and download the appropriate version of GitHub Desktop for your operating system.
3. Click on the installer to begin installation. Once, the installation is finished, sign in to your Github account.
4. You may or may not have Git installed. To check for that, open a Command Prompt or a Terminal and type in git --version .
5. If it does not output a version and does not know what you are typing, you may want to download git following these steps: https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Getting-Started-Installing-Git
Slides and Document for the session are available at https://sites.google.com/umn.edu/somya-sharma/documents/version-control-git-and-github
Pizzas will be provided by MinneAnalytics.