For Mobile Monday #46 we will have Mate Ajdukovic, employee of Matchbook (betting exchange company based in Cork, Ireland https://www.matchbook.com/) and he will show us how to to automate tests for Android and iOS apps using Appium framework (http://appium.io/).
Appium is an open source test automation framework for use with native, hybrid and mobile web apps. It drives iOS, Android, and Windows apps using the WebDriver protocol.
More detailed, he’ll be talking about:
- What is Appium, pros and cons
- Comparison between Appium and other mobile test automation frameworks
- Setting up Appium framework
- Writing your first test with Appium + Python
- Running your test on local emulator/simulator
- Expanding your test
- Running your tests in the cloud on Browserstack with real mobile devices
- Integrating your tests with Jenkins
18:00 — 18:15 The gathering
18:15 — 19:15 Presentation & Demo
19:15 — Discussion
After the presentation, as usual there is networking that will take place in nearby coffee bar.
Space for meetup is enabled by project “ICT županija”.
See you on Monday