addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The London Movie Meetup Group Message Board › London Movie Meetup Group Ideas

London Movie Meetup Group Ideas

Gabriel
gabrieldasilva
Group Organizer
London, GB
Hi-
OK, just some ideas on how we might pick movies to see in this group- feel free to pitch your own ideas and we'll work out a fair system.

Also, welcome to those who have joined in the next few days- there are lots of members in this group, so hopefully we can have some good fun meetups with both new and original members in the near future!

I'd suggest that we choose movies by voting on the message board.
I'll have a look at what's on in the next few days and probably schedule the first meetup for start of October, maybe the weekend of the 7th.
I'll also list venues and we can vote on that too.
Most number of votes is the film we see!
I've had a few suggestions which I'll add to the vote list.

But if anybody else has any other ideas as to how we choose, feel free to let us know!

Hope to see as many of you as possible at the next meetup!
Thanks
Gabriel
A former member
Post #: 66
Snow Cake with S Weaver and Rickman is meant to be very good. It's on at the Panton Street (or something like that) cinema near Picadilly.

http://www.imdb.com/t...­

I also went to see The Notorious Bettie Page at the Prince Charles Cinema last week - very interesting film.

http://www.imdb.com/t...­
A former member
Post #: 2
Hello all, another thing that we could do as well as seeing films is to go to the Collectormania events, where film stars past and present come to sign autographs.
Also we could look into when there are promotions for films or screenings in London or elsewhere and go along. I know that there is a Colletormania in Milton Keynes on September 29th until October 1st. If anyone is interested i can recommend hotels and we could visit a few pubs after. Milton Keynes is approx 1 hour on the train from Euston. Or a 1-2 hour drive.

We could also arrange events throughout the year where we have film themed evenings. Halloween could be Horror Flicks Night, etc etc.
Richard F
user 2543752
London, GB
Post #: 102
Already some great ideas there. Just to add one to the mix. There are many independent cinemas around London, most with bars. I would enjoy finding out the variety of cinemas that are out there. We could pool our collective knowledge of these wonderful places and catch a movie at the same time. It wouldn't get much better than that. Well, winning the lottery would obviously be much better than that, but you get the gist.