Hi Data Platform Professionals & Enthusiast!
Singapore SQL PASS Chapter Meet Up for September 2019 is scheduled on September 19th (Thursday) at 7 PM as usual. Speaker and session details provided below:
When: September 19, 2019
• 6:45 PM to 7:00 PM - Registration and Snacks
• 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM - Session 1 - Introduction to Azure Storage by Lakshman Samasthanam
• 8:00 PM to 8:15 PM - Break
• 8:15 PM to 9:15 PM - Session 2 - Lift & Shift Migration with Azure SQL Database Managed Instance by Shailendra Kumar
Location: Microsoft Office, Frasers Tower, Cecil Street, Level 11, Room - 11MPR-A005
Title: Introduction to Azure Storage Solutions
In this Introduction to Azure Storage session, we’ll cover the following:
- Define the major components of Azure Storage. Blob , Table, Queue, Azure File ,Disks
- Understand the different types of blobs and their intended use
- Discover how queues are used to pipeline cloud compute node together
- Learn to integrate Azure files with multiple applications.
- Understanding standard/premium storage and unmanaged/managed disks.
Lakshman is a Microsoft Data Platform enthusiast and have more than 15 years of experience in Data Management and integration in Logistics and Manufacturing domains. He is the founder of Meru Data Solutions Pte. Ltd. based in Singapore.
He is currently working on a Data Migration project for Singapore Government.
Title Lift & Shift Migration with Azure SQL Database Managed Instance
Introducing Azure SQL DB Managed Instance. We will explore what Azure SQL DB Managed Instance is, its features, and Data migration tools. We'll cap it off by demonstrating how to migrate your database to a Managed Instance.
Speaker: Shailendra Kumar
Shailendra Kumar (ITILV3F, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, MCITP, MCTS) is an azure Certified Solutions Architect.He works with Path Infotech pte ltd. He is having rich experience in microsoft Data & Bi platform. Rich DBA experience of almost all SQL Server versions from MSSQL 2000 to MSSQL 2017 & MSSQL on linux and database migration/upgrade & CIS implementation.