- 6/22 Screenwriting Summer School - Live in Kalispell - topic TBD
A-1 Sewing & Vaccum (AofF meets 2023)
What do YOU want to learn about screenwriting this summer?
Last summer we focused our "Screenwriting Summer School" on prepping submission materials for review by producers, agents, managers, including a logline, story synopsis, and polished first 10 pages of your script. This was especially helpful for the writers who attended the 2022 Flathead River Writers Conference and had private consult meetings with film & TV producer Suzanne Lyons. (see links to get info on 2023 FRWC below)
This year In June, July and August, we'll meet live in Kalispell on the 4th Thursdays and hold another round of our "Screenwriting Summer School." This year we'll focus on what you want to learn about the craft and business of screenwriting now, no matter what phase of the process you're in.
At our May 25th session (where our topic is Screenwriting Contests) we'll also take time to choose topics for our Summer sessions, such as:
- The Movies That Made Us - we can watch together and discuss video interviews with well-regarded screenwriting teachers or consultants, or that show about how well-known films actually got made (going from script to screen)
- Screenwriting Book Club - attendees could read a pre-selected book about screenwriting prior to our live session so we can discuss what we each learn from it and how we can apply that to our writing or script marketing
- Table Read Our Scripts - we can collectively Table Read the first act of one or two attendees screenplays (in progress or completed) -- the scripts to be read that month would be chosen in advance and copies made available for all attendees (not open mic style)
- Let's Go to the Movies - we can go to a pre-chosen movie together in Kalispell (or watch it separately prior to that evening), then discuss it
- Other Topics - what else would you like to learn this summer?
If you can't join us on 5/25, be sure to check back here in early June to see what we come up with for summer sessions - the focus and style might be different each month!
Questions on this meeting? Email Barbara at [masked]
Include your question, your email, full name and, for a call to discuss your question, your phone # and times to reach you directly.
See you in person in Kalispell!
Get info on this year's Flathead River Writer's Conference - 9/29-10/2 in downtown Kalispell MT - at:
(BTW - Barbara & Glenn Schiffman will be presenting a seminar with tips for sharing your writing out loud on Saturday 9/30!)
- Barbara S.
- Shira M.
- Teleea L.
- 4 attendees
- 9/29-10/01/23: Flathead River Writers Conference (annual) - live in Kalispell MT
Red Lion Hotel Kalispell$170.00
Registration is now open for the annual Flathead River Writers Conference in Kalispell MT (sponsored by Authors of the Flathead).
When: Saturday + Sunday 9/30 + 10/1 - space limited to 100 attendees
($170 for both days; single day tickets available;
full-time student discount rate tickets also available)
Also: Friday 9/29 - Special Workshop with conference speaker & literary agent Julie Stevenson
on "The Craft and Business of Memoir and Narrative Nonfiction Writing"
(space limited; $125 to attend)
Where: Red Lion Hotel, downtown Kalispell MT
(special conference rates available to reserve rooms at Red Lion)
Cost - only $170 for 2-day conference weekend - includes networking event at The Bookshelf in Kalispell on Saturday night, and much more!
Experience two days of immersive learning about all types of writing, publishing options (self and traditional), marketing and sharing your stories. Workshops and seminars taught by over a dozen writers (many of them local to Flathead Valley), plus publishing industry pros.
NOTE: You must REGISTER in advance at www.authorsoftheflathead.org -- RSVPs here do not reserve space for this conference.
Get more info and full schedule plus registration links at:
photo:[masked] © publicdomainpictures | Dreamstime.com
- Barbara S.
- 1 attendee