This year Jenkins project participates in Hacktoberfest: https://jenkins.io/events/hacktoberfest . This is a global 1-month event promoting open-source. We invite everybody interested in Jenkins and other open-source projects to attend the event, contribute something, and get some Hacktoberfest swag.
This is a meetup for contributors with any level of experience. You are welcome to work on Jenkins itself and on other projects using Jenkins (e.g. adopt Pipeline or JCasC in your open-source projects). We will have experienced Jenkins maintainers at the event, and they will be happy to provide advice.
- 09:30 - Doors open
- 10:00 - Oleg Nenashev, Intro to Hacktoberfest and Jenkins
- 10:15 - Oleg Nenashev, Show & Tell - How to contribute to Jenkins?
- 10:30 - All - Introductions to suggested projects
- 11:00 - Split up to teams and start hacking
- 18:00 - Wrap-up & demos
* Adopt Jenkins Pipeline and Configuration as Code in your projects
* Configuration as Code Compatibility in plugins
* Warnings Plugin
* Let's Document Jenkins together: Missing features, migration from Wiki
* // Please propose your topics in comments
Please read our Events Code of Conduct (http://do.co/hacktoberconduct) before attending. Happy hacking! And make sure to bring your laptop!